Options

QoS on the BCMSN

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
Man i've been reading the QoS chapter in the BCMSN study guide, it is some heavy reading. I can tell this is gonna take me a while to overcome the concepts and configuration, I can see similarities between policy routing and route maps with class maps and policy maps in the way there configured but some of the syntax is going to be a handful to remember, lots of time in the IOS on this one.

Anyone else find this part testing? any tips or other material I should look at, it's a shame the CBT nuggets didn't have a QoS vid as part of the CCNP package, would have come in handy.
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Check out the ONT CBT Nugget. ONT is mostly composed of QoS.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Check out the ONT CBT Nugget. ONT is mostly composed of QoS.

thanks man there just what i'm looking for, i've got the ONT vids, didn't think to look icon_rolleyes.gif

might give this some extra time to give me a heads up on the ONT
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Compared to the other two exams I was surprised they didn't just roll the ONT int the BCMSN because they are both so short. ONT picks up right where BCMSN leaves off and get quite a bit more in depth with the QoS.

I liked the way they explained the policy and class maps a lot more than the route-maps. The rute maps made a lot more sense after I learned the policy maps.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found the Train Signal videos good, otherwise I used the Exam Cert guide.

Not exactly the most exciting topic, IMHO :)
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)
  • Options
    Compared to the other two exams I was surprised they didn't just roll the ONT int the BCMSN because they are both so short. ONT picks up right where BCMSN leaves off and get quite a bit more in depth with the QoS.

I liked the way they explained the policy and class maps a lot more than the route-maps. The rute maps made a lot more sense after I learned the policy maps.

I guess thay wanna keep the BCMSN as pure switching but they could have had the composite as ONT and BCMSN instead of BCMSN/BSCI, i've watched like 3 vids on the ONT CBT nuggets now and all the stuff is covering that QoS chapter pretty well, should be pretty easy to read second time around
  • Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The BCMSN Self Study Guide has a few chapters in it that are not part of the BCMSN exam anymore. The QoS section is part of the ONT exam and the multicast section is on the BSCI exam. If you have the BCMSN Official Exam Certification Guide, try reading Chapter 14: IP Telephony. This should cover everything you need to know related to QoS for the BCMSN.