Options

WGU question..

arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
I read on another forum (can't remember the name) that WGU won't accept your A+ or Network+ if it's been over 5 years since you took the exams. Have any of you run into that? I really don't want to have to take those again (got the A+ in 2001, and the Network+ in 2002), but I guess if it's necessary I can knock it out in a few days.
[size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
What's left: Graduation![/size]

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    arwes wrote:
    I read on another forum (can't remember the name) that WGU won't accept your A+ or Network+ if it's been over 5 years since you took the exams. Have any of you run into that? I really don't want to have to take those again (got the A+ in 2001, and the Network+ in 2002), but I guess if it's necessary I can knock it out in a few days.

I don't know, I wish I could help.

Speaking of WGU, is it well received and respected in the industry? I am casually looking for an online Master's Program... but I don't know anyone with a degree from WGU so I can't get a feel for their reputation. The website is scary because it does not seem like a "University" in the traditional sense... very alternative.
  • Options
    cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    I'm currently actively enrolled and it's a great program. If it's over 5 years old, they will not take it. They physically send you awesome study/practice test materials, books, MSDN AA, Books 24x7, and Safari Online. I love the place. Well worth it to me. The mentors are very knowledgeable and helpful. I really haven't had any negative experiences at all. You get 2 vouchers per exam if you fail one, and normal academic exams are taken at college local to you if you have one close by.

PM me if you want any more info.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre