What cars have you owned and what do you drive now?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It looks like pretty much everyone is making progress. I'm glad we're not seeing a lot like:

Porsche
    BMW
    Camry
    Taurus
    Metro
    RV (doubles as home)
    homeless
    etc.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    1979 Chevy Impala
    1980 Pontiac POS
    1999 Kia Sephia
    2004 Lexus RX 330

Lexus = best cars ever.

Yeah went to the Lexus dealer to pick up my buddies car from service. Saw the new ISF. Dang! 400 something horsepower but for $60,000 =/

New GS is pretty nice as well. LS is insane. Lexus did it this time.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rickjr13 wrote:
    97 Acura Ingetra - sold
    00 Honda Passport - sold
    04 Ford Mustang Mach1 - current (eco-friendly 17 mpg)

17mpg = eco friendly? hahaha i guess for a mustang it is

i have owned:

Fiat punto - 1st car - piece of italian sh*te
    Vw Golf
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    rickjr13 wrote:
    97 Acura Ingetra - sold
    00 Honda Passport - sold

17mpg = eco friendly? hahaha i guess for a mustang it is

i have owned:

Fiat punto - 1st car - piece of italian sh*te
    Vw Golf
    Mach1's are nice. Alot of my buddies either have a Mach1, cobra, or saleen.
  • paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    First and current car... 2007 Dodge Charger

IMG_0120.jpg
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Mmartin_47 wrote:
    1979 Chevy Impala
    1980 Pontiac POS
    1999 Kia Sephia
    2004 Lexus RX 330

Lexus = best cars ever.

Yeah went to the Lexus dealer to pick up my buddies car from service. Saw the new ISF. Dang! 400 something horsepower but for $60,000 =/

Wow Kia ----> Lexus

You upgraded, huh? icon_lol.gif
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mazda Protege 2002/Chevy Montecarlo 2002

Saving up for a Audi A5 or S5...
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    78 VW Rabbit (paid $500 for it in high school!)
    1994 Chevy Cavalier (hated that stupid car)
    1998 Honda Civic DX
    2005 Honda Civic LX SE

Also bought the wife a 2006 Toyota RAV4.

I don't really get excited about cars. Just looking for reliability, gas mileage, and I can sit in it comfortably. Otherwise, couldn't care less...
    Good luck to all!
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2005 Evo VIII trying to keep sleeper with the mods

25412893fullac4.jpg

Had a Nissan 200SX SE-R which is how I learned how to work on cars with and also car control :)

Next up for a daily beater I'm thinking of either an older first gen Miata, SRT-4 Neon, or a K20 swapped Civic EG hatch.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    man don't get an srt-4. They lose their fun pretty fast.

Grab a miata or a 3-series or something. Much more reliable IMO
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    2000 Nissan Altima (used). Drove 100K miles in 6 years. MPG is mediocre, but the car has been indestructible. Goes to my younger brother.

A month ago bought a used 2008 Nissan Altima.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    man don't get an srt-4. They lose their fun pretty fast.

Grab a miata or a 3-series or something. Much more reliable IMO

Hehe well the Evo is my fun car just looking for something that'll get better gas mileage but still be fun. What do you mean it loses its fun?
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    larrydaman wrote:
    Mmartin_47 wrote:
    1979 Chevy Impala
    1980 Pontiac POS
    1999 Kia Sephia
    2004 Lexus RX 330

Lexus = best cars ever.

Wow Kia ----> Lexus

You upgraded, huh? icon_lol.gif

Yeah. I had a 1999 kia for 9 years. got over 200K miles on it. It had it's problems but it was a good car. When I got the car I was making about 10 dollars an hour, now I am making over 50K so I deserved it. LOL
  • IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First, I had a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE after I got back from the Navy.

Sister wrecked it after I came back to Japan though........

These are all the cars I've had in Japan..
    I've had:

Toyota Hiace
    Isuzu Mu
    Toyota Hilux
    Nissan Sunny

Now, I drive my wife's BMW 300-series and Nissan Moco..

I'm happy with smaller cars cause of the way gas prices are in Japan. We pay 6.40 a gallon here so having bigger cars aren't really that great. Plus, small roads and parking spaces. I'm still amazed at how some of the Japanese guys buy these Hummers, knowing that gas is so expensive here and it's harder to drive those vehicles on the small roads plus find parking for them.
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    1st 1951 Olds 88
    Pres. 2006 Scion Xb

1st motorcycle: 1972 Honda CB500/4
    Latest: 2003 BMW R1100R
    icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    VW Golf 1.6S. She went upto 130MPH easily enough. I run her more steady these days.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Let's see. . . being the son of a bodyshop owner, I've had some "interesting" cars. Much in the same vein as most of us being computer-geeks and owning rigs cobbled together from spare parts:

'85 Chevy Celebrity: A great car, lasted for freakin' EVER, even though I never really took care of it like I should have. I used the cheapest oil, the worst cabling, etc. Had over 350,000 miles on it before it died of natural causes. "Bought" it from my dad for $50. Giant hole in the muffler which made it roar like a monster, had been in several accidents prior to my owning it, so it had several different paintjobs.
    ** On a side-note, I had a friend that drove. . . "nicer" cars than my Chevy. Her family lived in a house that was 36,000 square feet, on each floor. Pulling up to the house for the first time, it was an odd experience to have her on the phone, telling me "just park between the Rolls and the Ferrari." I felt like such a heel, shaking hands with her father after getting out of my car, but he was a very nice guy and downplaying the p.o.s. car I drove up in was easy enough. (They'd even moved a rebuilt roadster to make room in their private parking lot for me.) I suppose, when you're a billionaire, you're sort of past the whole "a car symbolizing your status in society".

'87 Chevy Celebrity: Continuing the trend, I bought this from a Cadillac dealership that had used it as a loaner car for customers. I took better care of this one, but it died violently. First, a stoned party-goer driving a Volvo stopped dead in front of me on the freeway, causing me to smash into her, messing up the front. A year to the day later, I was stopped at a red light and a guy in a Porsche had some trouble finding his break-pedal. (The gas pedal was found with no problem, and he floored it, thinking he was smashing down the break.) As Technomancer likes to say, that car was killed by the Germans. My car was totalled, the Porsche, being a steel rocket, got a scratch on the hood. The best thing about this car, it was very comfortable. The front seat was one solid "couch", and was easily as comfortable as the back. (Crusing around and being able to have the girlfriend slide in nice and close was a definite perk.) Of course, what we used all that cushy seating for, I'll never tell. . .

'95 Kia Sephia: This car was speedy, light, and easy on the mileage. My mom had originally bought it new, and I bought it from her when my friends and family decided that I was not going to go out an buy an '89 Chevy to kill. Eventually, the car developed problems with engine and didn't pass smog inspection. Aaahnold (the Governator) gave me a check for $1,000 to have it cubed, as part of a program in California to get polluting cars off the road. The nice thing about the car, this was the second model Kia ever made, as they started in 1994, and as such it had a KILLER stereo; an Alpine.

'94 Saab 900 S: I loved this car, it had a V6 engine and light body, and could run circles around pretty much anything on the road. Being Swedish myself, it was especially fun to pull up next to a Beamer or some souped-up VW and smile at the driver, "German engineering, how adorable", then tear off into the distance. Sadly, the previous owner didn't take very good care of the car, and it died on me while I was driving to a meeting for my previous job. Considering that it cost me nearly $200 to have some power-steering hoses replaced, I didn't even want to imagine what the pricetag would be to fix the blown headgasket. It was a fun car to drive, and definitely made it enjoyable to drive the hour and a half to visit old friends.

'95 Kia Sephia: This is my current car. Bought, once again, from my parents before they moved back to Sweden. I needed a car, they offered to offload it for super-cheap, and the deal was made. It gets great mileage, leaks coolant and break-fluid like a siev, and one of the fenders was damaged when a log rolled off a truck and smashed through the front-end of the car on a mountain road. Still, it gets me from point A to point Q, and I can't complain about getting three times as much out of a quarter as much gas as my roommate gets out of his Dodge Truck. I'm hoping the hunk of junk will last me through college, at least.

That's the story so far. I'm looking forward to when I'm a real Renaissance Man, going to UC Berkeley and I can put the car in mothballs for the majority of the time and either hoof it or invest in a reliable bicycle. I'd rather not have to buy another used car, if I can avoid it. In my heart of hearts, I want to drive off the lot in a brand-spankin' new Saab after I'm done with school, safe in the knowledge that I've got a warranty, that I'm the first and only person to ever have driven the car, and hopefully be able to fill the thing up with something other than ancient, refined dead-animal-remains.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't believe you didn't even discuss the colors of the interiors. Way to leave us hanging...
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I have everyone beat with my list

CURRENT

2007 Ford Edge
    2008 Mustang GT/CS

PAST
    2005 Mustang GT
    2004 Ford Explorer 4x4
    1997 Ford Explorer 4x4
    2001 Ford Taurus
    2002 Mitsu Galant - what a piece of crap
    1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    1986 Mustang GT
    1986 Mercury Cougar
    1994 Ford Taurus
    1987 Chevy Celebrity
    1985 Pontiac Sunfire wagon
    1972 Chevy Camaro
    1970 Chevy Camaro

Now I feel old - and before anyone questions this, yes this is my list since 1981.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rickjr13 wrote:
    Do you do a lot of city driving? I average 22 mpg/tank even with a blower, 60# injectors, gears, etc on my 04. Freeway is nearly 28 mpg.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    1999 Chevy Cavalier - got rear ended & totaled icon_sad.gif
    1994 Dodge Intrepid - bought for $300 when waiting on settlement money- died.
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LT sedan- current - <3 33-36 mpg :D
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Past:

1985 Chevy Chevette (total peice of ####) last 6 months before dropping the tranny.
    1985 VW Golf. ( great car but North Dakota is hard on Diesels so I traded it)
    1986 Chevy S10 4x4 (traded)
    1995 Dodge Dakota ( great truck, maybe my all time favorite but not family friendly) (traded)
    1994 Ford Explorer (nicknamed the exploder - totally unreliable) (Traded)

Current :
    1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 (Use it as my weekend rig - pull the boat, haul stuff, etc.)
    2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 (Daily Driver - close second to dakota,maybe tied, for favorite)
    2002 Dodge Durango (Wife's car)

Someday:
    1967 Chevy Camero RS/SS
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
    dynamik wrote:
    I can't believe you didn't even discuss the colors of the interiors. Way to leave us hanging...
    Outside: dirty. Inside, messy. There, happy? icon_lol.gif

Alright, alright. The '85 Chevy was beige/brown, The '87 Chevy was brown, The '95 Kia was red, the Saab was green, and the current car is white, beneath all the dirt. As for the interiors. . . all gray, actually. And I stand by the "messy" description. My first job was working for a touchles carwash. I could vacuum, wash, wax, and detail an entire car in less than thirty minutes. So, guess who never gets off his lazy ass and takes the thirty minutes to do it? :D

As for my "dream car", for when I have the time and money to buy and restore it:

convert.jpg
    (Complete with a pair of 20-sided dice hanging from the rear-view mirror.)

• cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi...........Bolted and tuned :D
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    slowhand, growing up in a RICH area as a non rich family, I know what you mean. In high school, I was driving an 11 year old 150k mile beat up car; when kids were getting tricked out $80k Hummers (H1's) for their bdays. icon_eek.gif In the end, it makes you a better person and more appreciative, IMO.

Oh, and Im technically going to be on the decline according to Dynamiks scale. Ill probably be getting rid of the F-150, and rolling in a simple Chevy S-10/Colorado or Ford Ranger here shortly (thankfully, too!).
    dynamik wrote:
    Porsche
    BMW
    Camry
    Taurus
    Metro
    RV (doubles as home)
    homeless
    etc.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Slowhand wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Outside: dirty. Inside, messy. There, happy? icon_lol.gif

Alright, alright. The '85 Chevy was beige/brown, The '87 Chevy was brown, The '95 Kia was red, the Saab was green, and the current car is white, beneath all the dirt. As for the interiors. . . all gray, actually. And I stand by the "messy" description. My first job was working for a touchles carwash. I could vacuum, wash, wax, and detail an entire car in less than thirty minutes. So, guess who never gets off his lazy ass and takes the thirty minutes to do it? :D

As for my "dream car", for when I have the time and money to buy and restore it:

MMMMMMMMM yeah...chroming that front bumper will be about $2K alone.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
    cgrimaldo wrote:
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi...........Bolted and tuned :D

Nothing wrong with a 4 banger with a little boost!
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote:
    rickjr13 wrote:
    Do you do a lot of city driving? I average 22 mpg/tank even with a blower, 60# injectors, gears, etc on my 04. Freeway is nearly 28 mpg.

My 85 Camaro does 10mpg in the city, 20 if I am lucky on the highway. That is why it only has 80k original miles on it.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    snadam wrote:
    slowhand, growing up in a RICH area as a non rich family, I know what you mean. In high school, Im driving an 11 year old 150k mile beat up car in, when kids were getting tricked out $80k Hummers (H1's) for their bdays. icon_eek.gif In the end, it makes you a better person and more appreciative, IMO.
    Most definitely. I had to get a job to save up for my driving test, and would have had to work my butt off to save up for a car if my dad hadn't been willing to sell the Chevy to me. (He got to drive an older Caddy, a loaner from his work, instead.) Most of my classmates drove BMWs, Mustangs, gigantic pickup trucks that barely saw one-lane roads, let alone actually going offroad. Most people I knew also had DUIs, had rolled their cars, and went to their parents to complain, which usually ended up with a new car being given.

The only person I knew, that had money and wasn't completely spoiled, was the friend with the billionaire parents. She didn't wear designer clothes, she didn't flash around that her mommy and daddy had money, she just hung out and acted like anyone else. I guess it's a pretty parallel comparison to the dealiership my parents worked for all those years. The people who bought Saabs (yuppie scum, usually,) were bitchy and would complain over nothing. They also didn't have as much money as they claimed. The really rich people, the ones who'd buy a new Cadillac every other year or so, they were the ones who'd come in and chat with my mom, (the office manager,) while they were getting paperwork ready, or would have coffee with my dad (the bodyshop manager,) while their car was being worked on. Ironically, I'm sure I could have boasted about my parents working as managers for a Cadillac dealership when I was in high school, and that would have gotten me in with the preppy crowd. . . but, I like my soul. icon_lol.gif