What cars have you owned and what do you drive now?

13»

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    cbigbrick wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    I can't believe you didn't even discuss the colors of the interiors. Way to leave us hanging...
    Outside: dirty. Inside, messy. There, happy? icon_lol.gif

Alright, alright. The '85 Chevy was beige/brown, The '87 Chevy was brown, The '95 Kia was red, the Saab was green, and the current car is white, beneath all the dirt. As for the interiors. . . all gray, actually. And I stand by the "messy" description. My first job was working for a touchles carwash. I could vacuum, wash, wax, and detail an entire car in less than thirty minutes. So, guess who never gets off his lazy ass and takes the thirty minutes to do it? :D

As for my "dream car", for when I have the time and money to buy and restore it:

MMMMMMMMM yeah...chroming that front bumper will be about $2K alone.
    Yup, yup. That's why it'll be a project for when I have my CCIE, PhD, and a high-paying J.O.B.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    slowhand, growing up in a RICH area as a non rich family, I know what you mean. In high school, Im driving an 11 year old 150k mile beat up car in, when kids were getting tricked out $80k Hummers (H1's) for their bdays. icon_eek.gif In the end, it makes you a better person and more appreciative, IMO.
    Most definitely. I had to get a job to save up for my driving test, and would have had to work my butt off to save up for a car if my dad hadn't been willing to sell the Chevy to me. (He got to drive an older Caddy, a loaner from his work, instead.) Most of my classmates drove BMWs, Mustangs, gigantic pickup trucks that barely saw one-lane roads, let alone actually going offroad. Most people I knew also had DUIs, had rolled their cars, and went to their parents to complain, which usually ended up with a new car being given.

The only person I knew, that had money and wasn't completely spoiled, was the friend with the billionaire parents. She didn't wear designer clothes, she didn't flash around that her mommy and daddy had money, she just hung out and acted like anyone else. I guess it's a pretty parallel comparison to the dealiership my parents worked for all those years. The people who bought Saabs (yuppie scum, usually,) were bitchy and would complain over nothing. They also didn't have as much money as they claimed. The really rich people, the ones who'd buy a new Cadillac every other year or so, they were the ones who'd come in and chat with my mom, (the office manager,) while they were getting paperwork ready, or would have coffee with my dad (the bodyshop manager,) while their car was being worked on. Ironically, I'm sure I could have boasted about my parents working as managers for a Cadillac dealership when I was in high school, and that would have gotten me in with the preppy crowd. . . but, I like my soul. icon_lol.gif

I rather enjoy my soul as well. :) My parents started their own company when I was in 8th grade and the year after we moved; so money was always tight until I moved out after high school. But by then I was supporting myself. The one cool thing my parents did was buy my Prelude, and I paid them in full over 4 years to avoid any interest in a loan. My younger sibling on the other hand got all the cool stuff in high school...and it shows icon_wink.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    I rather enjoy my soul as well. :) My parents started their own company when I was in 8th grade and the year after we moved; so money was always tight until I moved out after high school. But by then I was supporting myself. The one cool thing my parents did was buy my Prelude, and I paid them in full over 4 years to avoid any interest in a loan. My younger sibling on the other hand got all the cool stuff in high school...and it shows icon_wink.gif
    I never really put much stock in the idea that people could be spoiled and it would ruin them for life. . . until I saw exactly what you're talking about. All those people that got whatever they wanted in high school also got to go to whatever college they wanted, and most of them really have mediocre jobs at this point. There are a scant few exceptions, but most of the people that I know who have any real ambition are the ones who are doing what I'm doing, paying my own way.

Slowhand: I have work my way through school.
    Technomancer: Yeah, leave it to you to develop a lucrative career [in IT] before being able to afford to go to college and get "a real job".

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    I never really put much stock in the idea that people could be spoiled and it would ruin them for life. . . until I saw exactly what you're talking about.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzG_oHDLZdc ?
    dynamik wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    I never really put much stock in the idea that people could be spoiled and it would ruin them for life. . . until I saw exactly what you're talking about.

wow, how eerily similar to my high school days!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I love that kid: "dad, the camera is off dont worry..." icon_lol.gif

I had a classmate like that. She got a brand new VW Bug, and didnt get the color she wanted. So what did she do? She keyed her ENTIRE car writing all this slander, etc (i remember it in the school parking lot). She was attempting to stage a property damage case with her insurance company, and they found her guilty of insurance fraud.... icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That was just the warm-up. Here's the real one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zYuLn0tdU
    dynamik wrote:
    That was just the warm-up. Here's the real one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zYuLn0tdU

im only 2 minutes into this.... puke.gif

snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

im only 2 minutes into this.... puke.gif

These videos are proof that I'm doing the right thing when I say I'm a fan of the Bender [The Robot] School of Parenting:

"Every once in a while, take your children aside, sit them down. . . and hit them."

• stealthttstealthtt Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2002 Lincoln LS V8
    1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo

Past:
    1997 Dodge Avenger Turbo
    1997 Dodge Intrepid
    1990 Chrysler Lebaron
    1991 Ford Taurus
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    past: '90 Nissian pickup small truck

just bought: '04 Ford Ranger Edge

I really like my new truck, it drives pretty good for a so called 'cheap' Ford. It rides high up and does pretty well on gas.

I'm a truck kind of person, my parents had trucks and so I tend to always have one around.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    dynamik wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:

LMAO! I remember seeing that back in my senior year in high school. Hilarious. Anyone hear watch MTV? Check our "My Sweet 16" Makes you want to slap all of them across the face. icon_lol.gif
  • AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    92 honda civic ex... rode it until 230k miles
    06 Corolla S
    Also i got myself an XTM XT2 : )...

planing on getting a "nice" car eventually..
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    current
    Toyota Noah
    Subaru Impreza

past
    Suzuki Escudo
    Mazda Neo
    Toyota Echo
    Holden Barina
    CF Bedford van
    Morris Marina
    MK IV Ford Cortina