Options

Anyone Taken 1Y0-456

I have this exam in my sights, however, there is little useful experence infromation about the exam.

I have read the enablment guide, but this is out of date since the change in September 2007.

I was wondering if anyone has taken this exam and could share their experence(s)?

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    WOW ... These Citrix exams are soooooooo popular icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah it's not a cert people want to get a hold of. I think mostly because telling employers "I have experience with Citrix" is almost as powerful as saying you have experience AND the cert.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would do my CCEA, but I have *never* come across a single implementation of Password Manager (even though it's good at what it does), and so I would need to crack open the books (err admin guides) and play around for quite a while to get up to speed.

That said, I know a number of people who have taken 456 and it's not easy, you can find lots of comments about the exam on Brian Madden's forums if you're looking for details/experiences.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote:
    you can find lots of comments about the exam on Brian Madden's forums if you're looking for details/experiences.

Brian Madden has become a haven for those seeking and trading in brain **** and other illegal materials icon_cry.gif

Never mind, only a couple of days now and I can post the sort of comments I would have found useful. Pass or fail it is going to be an experience.

Advanced Access Control is also covered and is something that is very powerful in keeping out the people you don't like whilst inviting those you do icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    astorrs wrote:
    you can find lots of comments about the exam on Brian Madden's forums if you're looking for details/experiences.

Brian Madden has become a haven for those seeking and trading in brain **** and other illegal materials icon_cry.gif

Never mind, only a couple of days now and I can post the sort of comments I would have found useful. Pass or fail it is going to be an experience.

Advanced Access Control is also covered and is something that is very powerful in keeping out the people you don't like whilst inviting those you do icon_cool.gif
    Yeah I know you have to "filter" his forums these days, I'll mention it to him next time we talk but his focus is elsewhere these days. Still with that said there are some posts on there that are relevant.

Yeah I love AAC, and Access Gateway Enterprise Edition is truly awesome these days (since 8.x). It's truly Enterprise class now with the full integration of NetScaler hardware and its support of GSLB, etc.

Let us know how 456 goes, I'm curious to hear about your experience, and good luck! icon_cool.gif