Passed with 750

totalfailuretotalfailure Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed with 750 at first attempt.

As for the difficulty of this exam, I would say it is moderate, i.e. Neither easy nor difficult. The pass mark is also extremely low, too low I would say, should be more like 650. Thw whole point of passing exams is proving that you know your subject.

As for the content, stuff you should study is:
OSI model, port numbers, cable types - connectors, lengths and diferences between different types of cables, the basics of firewalls, wireless, TCP/IP classes and their ranges, DHCP, DNS, arp, netstat, nbtstat, ping, tracert, network switches, even make sure you know about things you wouldn't really consider such as lights flashing on hubs/switches and network cards, etc.

If you're confident you can answer questions on the above, then go for it.

I had 2 or 3 questions on Apple stuff and about 4 questions related to Novell.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! You excited at all?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • totalfailuretotalfailure Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wouldn't say I'm terribly excited, although has given me a slight boost in morale. It's only a low-end exam and not really going to impress anyone too much. But nice to get it out of the way and to have something to put on the cv. It's also a useful stepping stone towards re-certifying the CCNA as it gets the ball rolling.....
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    Wouldn't say I'm terribly excited, although has given me a slight boost in morale. It's only a low-end exam and not really going to impress anyone too much. But nice to get it out of the way and to have something to put on the cv. It's also a useful stepping stone towards re-certifying the CCNA as it gets the ball rolling.....
    It should give you more than just a slight boost it should give you a large boost. 750 is a very decent score on the N+ which I for one have found the subjects fairly challenging. Ok it may not be the biggest certification out there but it's a good jump off point for a lot of people or just good way to show what you know. If I was you I'd be having a few beers!!

I'm due to sit the N+ this coming Friday!!.. I'm quite nervous (it is a test after all) but I'm hoping for a pass.. I'm hitting around 90% on most practice tests and I've had the Mike Myers N+ 3rd Edition, the tech notes to help guide me and some experience in the basics of managing a small network from my previous job.. I'm currently stuck in a cubicle in an office at the minute... grrr I need to escape from it!!

Congratulations on the pass!! :D
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. I wouldn't say that it's not a boost for you, having the A+/Network+ combination is enough for most companies to consider you for an entry-level or even mid-range sysadmin or network engineering position, so long as you have some experience. And you're right, the Network+ is a very good stepping-stone towards the modern CCNA, which you should have no trouble obtaining with your current knowledge and your past experience with Cisco training. Good luck! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.