Options

InFormation Store exchange 2007

Memory is constantly about only 10% free, I know there is a fix out there for this - is it in the roll up packages?
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That would be expected as far as I know - don't worry about it unless you are experiencing problems - Exchange 2k7 is good at making use of all the available memory in the box (especially in a CCR environment).
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    astorrs wrote:
    That would be expected as far as I know - don't worry about it unless you are experiencing problems - Exchange 2k7 is good at making use of all the available memory in the box (especially in a CCR environment).

Thats what I thought as well, were not using CCR - just ole LCR.

I thought I read in the upcoming rollups this was going to be fixed?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exchange 2007 will utilize as much memory as it can leaving just enough for system resources/applications. If your server has 16GB, Exchange will use up to 14GB and leave 2GB for apps/system. Make sure your pagefile is memory + 10MB. So if you have 16GB of memory, make your page file 16.01GB.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/08/06/449484.aspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    royal wrote:
    Exchange 2007 will utilize as much memory as it can leaving just enough for system resources/applications. If your server has 16GB, Exchange will use up to 14GB and leave 2GB for apps/system. Make sure your pagefile is memory + 10MB. So if you have 16GB of memory, make your page file 16.01GB.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/08/06/449484.aspx

Thanks Royal,

Noted....