Options

70-621 Query

tp73tp73 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

This might seem like a silly question - but does anyone know what version if Vista I should study on to pass the 70-621 exam.

I assume that the Enterprise edition is OK since the exam itself is called Enterprise Support Technician - but this is only an assumption. Would Ultimate be better?

TIA :)
"Hakuna Matata"
MCDST
MCP

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It doesn't look like 621 covers the home features like 620 does, so Enterprise would probably be sufficient. Ultimate will have everything, so there's no way you can go wrong with that one. Remember, you can install any version without a key and use it until the activation period is up.
  • Options
    Thanks dynamik :)

I appreciate your prompt response.
    "Hakuna Matata"
    MCDST
    MCP
  • Options
    Thanks dynamik :)

I appreciate your prompt response.
    "Hakuna Matata"
    MCDST
    MCP
  • Options
    bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as I know Vista Enterprise does not have Windows Media Center and 620 covers it. You might get questions how to configure XBOX to be able to stream video.
    Like dynamik said, just install Ultimate and you should be fine for 30 days.

621 covers both 620 and 622.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-621.mspx
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Vista Enterprise is essentially identical to Vista Ultimate. The only difference is that Enterprise is only available through volume licensing, whereas Ultimate is only retail.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

Just trying to make sure I'm sourcing the right version.
    "Hakuna Matata"
    MCDST
    MCP
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Vista Enterprise is essentially identical to Vista Ultimate. The only difference is that Enterprise is only available through volume licensing, whereas Ultimate is only retail.

Looks like Enterprise is missing parental controls and media center capabilities: http://cybernetnews.com/windows-vista-feature-comparison-home-basic-home-premium-business-enterprise-ultimate/

I don't see any of those on the 621 exam objectives, but they were covered in 620.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    dynamik wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:

Looks like Enterprise is missing parental controls and media center capabilities: http://cybernetnews.com/windows-vista-feature-comparison-home-basic-home-premium-business-enterprise-ultimate/

I don't see any of those on the 621 exam objectives, but they were covered in 620.
    Well, it only makes sense. You wouldn't need the parental controls for Enterprise, since it's designed with Server 2008 in mind, and I don't see office employees getting too much out of the Media Center features. Enterprise does feature Bitlocker and the other goodies that Vista's famous for, but I guess it's best to use Vista Ultimate for studying, just to be safe.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.