Options

Failed 642-811 with 618

CwaterboyCwaterboy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not having alot of hands on experience killed me. Screen shots and simulations were tough for me. Maybe I will try again when I can get my hands on some switches and routers.

I definetly advise studying multicasting, QoS and having some hands-on experience to pass this one. I took the CCNA and passed it with flying colors.

Comments

• Options
    djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're right the CCNP is not a walk in the park. Good luck next time.

Cheers,

Jit
  • Options
    TremblelinaTremblelina Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just curious, did you have access to a simulator, like routersim or boson ?

I assume you must have, it's probably a silly question, but I had to ask.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Cwaterboy wrote:
    Not having alot of hands on experience killed me. Screen shots and simulations were tough for me. Maybe I will try again when I can get my hands on some switches and routers.

I definetly advise studying multicasting, QoS and having some hands-on experience to pass this one. I took the CCNA and passed it with flying colors.

The switching test was the hardest test in the CCNP track, for me. I would recommend that you get some hands on time with a CCNP level rack. If you do not have one available to you at work, check out racks available online. Good luck.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA