Options

70-620 Passed

dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I signed up for the 70-654 beta exam and took it yesterday. While I was there I took the 70-620 test as well. I won't go into the Prometric experience, but it was par for the course. I was only half way through my MS Press book but I passed the exam. I really liked the sims, most were much easier then the questions. Overall I would say that this was a fairly easy test. If I had glossed over Media Center and Tablet PC a little, I would have done even better.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wish I could just casually knock out exams when I take betas icon_sad.gif

Stuff like the the tablet PC material can be a bit frustrating to work with if you don't actually have the equipment to play around with it. It seems like the test is general enough to where you can get by just from reading though.

Congratulations on the pass. What's up next?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, how did you find 654?
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I wish I could just casually knock out exams when I take betas icon_sad.gif

Stuff like the the tablet PC material can be a bit frustrating to work with if you don't actually have the equipment to play around with it. It seems like the test is general enough to where you can get by just from reading though.

Congratulations on the pass. What's up next?

Well, not much is up next. I start masters classes in a few weeks so my certs are going to take a backseat for a while. I would like to do the CWNA test next.

I don't think I would say that I casually knocked out the exam, I am 99% sure that I bombed the beta test. You are correct (at least in my view) that the test is general and that one does not need all sorts of fancy equipment to learn about the test. I reviewed the MS Press book when I got home and the answers were in there, I just hadn't gotten to those chapters yet.
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:

Actually I found out about it here. I think there was a thread in the General Certifications forum that mentioned the betas. That is how I got the code and info on how to take it.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dratnol wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

Actually I found out about it here. I think there was a thread in the General Certifications forum that mentioned the betas. That is how I got the code and info on how to take it.
    Sorry I meant how did you find the exam itself and studying for it? :)
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    dratnol wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

Sorry I meant how did you find the exam itself and studying for it? :)

I found out about the test two days before the deadline. Needless to say I didn't really study anything for it. I just took the test cold. An overview of the product and licensing would have been a benefit to me, but I didn't have the time to focus on it. More then anything, I wanted to get a feel for the new type of questions for 2008 exams.