Options

IOS HTTP server - SDM

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
Anybody else find the HTTP server inside IOS to be slow? Whenever I load anything, the HTTP server process CPU usage suddenly shoots up really high. The SDM wireless config app is especially bad for this. Its a bit annoying to say the least.

This is on a 384MB 1841 with a HWIC-AP card running 12.4(20)T. It did the same on 12.4(15)T*. Not got a choice about running 12.4T as the HWIC-AP isn't supported in mainline.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I have noticed that also when using SDM for my ISCW studies. Just another reason to use the good 'ole CLI icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    SDM is a pain in the ass... there I said it.

Although ASDM (on the ASA's) auctually seems to get it right.. mostly.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    Are you running SDM downloaded on a PC or SDM running on the IOS?

If you run install SDM on your PC it is much faster than running it on the IOS
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    nice343 wrote:
    Are you running SDM downloaded on a PC or SDM running on the IOS?

If you run install SDM on your PC it is much faster than running it on the IOS
    From the router. My workaround is to just run it locally on my PC. I was just wondering why the IOS HTTP server was so bad.
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    Running it on the IOS sucks. Just download SDM and run it locally on your PC it will be 10X faster
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It is faster from the PC but still slow. I think SDM does more evil than good. It lets inexperienced people do just enough damage to take down their network! Then when they have no SDM access they are lost when they have to try to fix their mistakes via CLI. I've seen this a few times lately.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.