Options

Passed 1Y0-456

Hi,

I have taken and passed 1Y0-456 today. I managed to get a good score of 82% (67% required) and complete my CCEA.

Useful information (things that helped me):
    * There is clear information pertaining to reboot requirements (if/when needed within a simulation) *
http://www.unitek.com/training/citrix/content/view/103/133/ - Videos are crude, but help make sure you are doing things right.
* http://www.citrixxperience.com/b/?s=456 – Good posts here.
* Citrix enablement guide for the exam, ensure you can complete all of the Exam Objectives (typical, I just found a newer one that has much more information)
* citrixxperience study guide and questions - although taken from the courseware are easier to read and get you in the right frame of mind.
* Labs, Lab and more Labs. Know the consoles, make changes to the configurations, see what happens, make more changes, see what happens ...
* It’s not as hard as it sounds – Yes you need to know your stuff and dedicate some time to knowing the consoles, but there is nothing to catch you out.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Comments

• Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the CCEA.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's great news stupidboy, thanks for the details on the exam. I'm debating doing by CCEA as well. I figure I'll just buy the PM 4.5 courseware and work through it on my own.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote:
    That's great news stupidboy, thanks for the details on the exam. I'm debating doing by CCEA as well. I figure I'll just buy the PM 4.5 courseware and work through it on my own.

The 1Y0-456 courseware is no where near enough on it own, if used in conjunction with the other resources listed and a whole load of lab work then I think you will be fine.

Living in the US it is easier to buy the official courseware for self study, you cannot do that here in the UK. In the UK you must attend a CAL course in order to get the materials, unless you know someone that has already been icon_wink.gif

I think this exam is a **** stopper as you cannot pass without actually having the hands on and knowledge of the Citrix products. IMO I am please that dumpers cannot pass, the certification holds some validity in these hard times.

Good luck to other 456 takers, I am ready for some XenServer.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I wasn't planning on buying the 456 courseware, just the Password Manager one since I don't have any experience with it and would need to understand the how to and then get some hands on with it for a while - this is why I have avoided wrapping up the CCEA in the past - but your endeavor is making me rethink that.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I took Password Manger 4.0 a year or so ago, I had been studying Password Manager 2.2 on the XP track when they pulled it over the Christmas period. I could not complete the CCEA XP even though I had only 1 exam left and had already take 2 extra ones (much longer story) icon_cry.gif

Password Manager 4.1 is the one covered in the exam and yes there are some critical differences between 4.0 and 4.1. However, with that said, download the software and install with the 456 courseware or citrixxperience steps, that and the information I have posted will cover all you need to know. The coverage on Password Manager is quite basic and even though there are hundreds of configuration options the basics are all you need to know. I HIGHLY recommend the Password Manager videos at http://www.unitek.com/training/citrix/content/view/103/133/ these are a must for anyone looking to take this exam.

I have come away with a new confidence in what I can do with Citrix, even if I have been working with it since 1.8 days.
  • Options
    dj2obodj2obo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Hi,

I have taken and passed 1Y0-456 today. I managed to get a good score of 82% (67% required) and complete my CCEA.

Useful information (things that helped me):
    • * There is clear information pertaining to reboot requirements (if/when needed within a simulation)
      * Unitek - Citrix Training for Enterprise customers - Citrix Training Videos - Videos are crude, but help make sure you are doing things right.
      * http://www.citrixxperience.com/b/?s=456 – Good posts here.
      * Citrix enablement guide for the exam, ensure you can complete all of the Exam Objectives (typical, I just found a newer one that has much more information)
      * citrixxperience study guide and questions - although taken from the courseware are easier to read and get you in the right frame of mind.
      * Labs, Lab and more Labs. Know the consoles, make changes to the configurations, see what happens, make more changes, see what happens ...
      * It’s not as hard as it sounds – Yes you need to know your stuff and dedicate some time to knowing the consoles, but there is nothing to catch you out.
    I hope this helps someone out there.

Citrix Training Environment Problems

Having PROBLEMS setting up citrix lab with warungplus ECTE download

Hi all,
    I have the warungplus ECTE Training environment and i have been trying to set it up with no success since yesterday.
    Please is there any body that can give me assistance towards the set up of the training environments in VMWARE or
    if you have had to set one up, please do give me a hand to get this over with.
    any contribution will be very helpful.

The problem:
    Trying to start an instance of one of the OS's
    I was able to start one, but the other will not (i understand that they are snap-shots)
    I tried to add the VMDK files as a hdd to the virtual machine but get the response that it is not a virtual hdd. Or I get the file has been modified and can’t open
    I have tried lots of diff. ways to get this started like trying to open from the file it self (no success).

ASSISTANCE PLEASE "VIRTUAL GURU'S"