Options

I need help please...

karlatan2003karlatan2003 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am new here... I haven't post yet but I find this site really helpful to me... right now, I am in a community college and I am doing a certificate of completion for ccna... I will be done by june next year... I also plan to take ccna test next too when im done with school... and I am worried that im not be able to get any job by only ccna cert... I want to take a+, net+ and security+ but I don't have any money to take all those certs... so I decided to ccna only cuz it is much more better than those three... I need help on what I should do to get my foot on the door... I plan to take ccnp when I get enough experience... I hope somebody can help me... thank you very much in advance! Have a good day!

Best regards,
Karla

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your school should have student services that could help you with job placement. I would go to them and see if they could find an internship for you in the field while you are doing school.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Karla,

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to be. You won't understand most of it, but some you will.

CCNA is a great place to start, after which you should be considering rounding your knowledge off with client/server operating systems.

I would avoid comptia if money is an issue. Demand for there certs doesn't compare to things like the MCSE and CCNP. Focus your efforts there.

There are a number of training sites on the internet that are very cheap, www.vtc.com for one and my blog has been helpful for a few people too for those learning vista.

Experience... well. Geek Squad and help desk jobs are everywhere. In addition, yu should probably do some volunteer work. Libraries and Senior centers would be good choices. Lots of challenges there you would not expect.

Best of luck! Let me know if I can help and keep us posted on your progress!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    karlatan2003karlatan2003 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much Scheistermeister and Daniel333... I will definitely do you guys advice... thank you very much again... have a good day!

Best regards,
    -Karla
  • Options
    charlecharle Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Iam new here... I haven't post yet but I find this site really useful to me ... right now, I am in a local college and I am doing a certificate of completion for ccna... I will be done by march next year... I also plan to take ccna test next too when im done with school... and I am worried that im not be able to get any job by only ccna cert... I want to take a+, net+ and security+ . so I decided to ccna only cuz it is much more better than those three... I need help on what I should do to get my foot on the door.

==========================================================
    charle

Apartments in North Charleston

[/url]
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    charle wrote:
    Hi
    Iam new here... I haven't post yet but I find this site really useful to me ... right now, I am in a local college and I am doing a certificate of completion for ccna... I will be done by march next year... I also plan to take ccna test next too when im done with school... and I am worried that im not be able to get any job by only ccna cert... I want to take a+, net+ and security+ . so I decided to ccna only cuz it is much more better than those three... I need help on what I should do to get my foot on the door.

==========================================================
    charle

Apartments in North Charleston

[/url]

Look above......

EDIT: this seems to be SPAM... I thought it was someone asking the exact same question.....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.