Network Design Program?

QdotQdot Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
good evening folks

I'm working on my BSCI right now and i wanted to know a good program for network design. I'd really like to design my own labs. Any suggestions?
It's simple, either death or develop your mental's....

CCNA: conquered
CCNP BSCI: conquered
CCNP BCMSN: in progess...

Comments

• kripsakkripsak Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • QdotQdot Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks.... does it come with all of the tools needed?
    It's simple, either death or develop your mental's....

CCNA: conquered
    CCNP BSCI: conquered
    CCNP BCMSN: in progess...
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What exactly are you looking for?
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    As was mentioned before, if you're one of the Microsoft crowd, it's pretty much Visio or nothing.

If you're a member of the *x crowd, including mac os x, take a look at Dia. It's freeware and it includes presets for pretty much every icon Cisco uses. Not sure if it's compatible with Visio though (no one at work uses Windows, except one guy :))
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is a great size for open source alternatives to popular apps: http://www.osalt.com/visio

Check those out if you don't feel like shelling out the money for Visio.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    As was mentioned before, if you're one of the Microsoft crowd, it's pretty much Visio or nothing.

If you're a member of the *x crowd, including mac os x, take a look at Dia. It's freeware and it includes presets for pretty much every icon Cisco uses. Not sure if it's compatible with Visio though (no one at work uses Windows, except one guy :))

I don't know about it's compatibility with Visio but I do know it works in Windows and it's free...
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I like Visio on windows.. but on OS X and I think linux I like conceptdraw (though its quite expensive).

Also there is a free visio clone called Dia.. its not great by any means.. but it gets the job done!

Or you can just fall back on router.jpg, switch.jpg , and ms paint !
    CCIE - COMPLETED!