Options

Wireless books: Amazon Kindle

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Too expensive.

It's neat, but too much money. When it gets into the $99-$149 range, it would be really tough for me to not invest in it at that point, but even with the latest price drop to $350...too much for what it does.

And if it was setup to download textbooks, it may have more value at $199-$249, but over $300 way out of the question for me.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    Expensive, doesn't have all the features I want in an eBook reader, and it's a bit on the ugly side.

I'm looking forward to the 3.0 release.
  • Options
    kellyjohnkellyjohn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's Expensive... better to wait for the next version.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hasn't this been out for months now?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Hasn't this been out for months now?

I think so, unless this is some revision I haven't heard about.

I've just never been in a place where I needed to have access to a lot of books. I really don't have a problem carrying one or two with me. I suppose this is the way everything will end up once epaper technology improves. It'd be interesting to see a study detailing the environmental repercussions of creating books. It's not just cutting down trees. There's all the energy that goes into refining wood into paper, the printing presses, shipping, etc. It seems like it would all add up to something substantial.