Options

Who is Your Daddy, and What Does He Do?

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
So, I've noticed some silliness in another thread, and I thought I'd ask everyone the burning question on my mind. (No, not "what is wrong with you lunatics?!?!?", that's practically hypothetical, at this point.)

So, who are you dressed up as? (In other words, what'd you change your avatar to and why?)

Me? I'm dressed up as a network engineer that never sleeps. After all, how the hell can he have all those certs, work, and still have time to answer every thread posted in the Cisco forums, if he goes unconscious every night? icon_lol.gif I thought I'd give myself some good network-voodoo vibes in preparation for the arrival of my CCNP books in the mail.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I'M YOUR DADDY!

(don't mind me, I'm in a weird mood...)
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just for fun. My previous avatar was just a random design I photoshopped quickly. It's funny how graphically-orientated our minds our. I thought Mike posted this until I saw "slowhand" on the reply page (where it only shows the name, and not the avatar).
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    My previous avatar was the opensuse logo and now has been swapped out for a close-up cropping of one my paintings in progress. I switched because everyone's doing it of course! :D
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I keep my avatar because angry Data pwns icon_twisted.gif

Actually I'm too distracted / busy to find something else I like.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My old one was Scrat, because sabertooth-squirrels are just awesome. New one is Gr because he is hilarious.

gir.jpg
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this whole bigfoot story is silly. I saw the photo in an article about bigfoot and I just thought it was funny!

hey netadmin...where did you get your avatar? icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    this whole bigfoot story is silly. I saw the photo in an article about bigfoot and I just thought it was funny!

One of the other forums I am on has been following it. Seems they found a place that sells a $400 Halloween costume that looks just like it and the guys who said they found if are previous con-men. Besides that I haven't heard anything else about it.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My old one was Scrat, because sabertooth-squirrels are just awesome.
    +1 to that!

I changed mine cos erm, everyone else did. Following the croud and all icon_redface.gif Plus, llama's are awesome :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    bertieb wrote:
    Plus, llama's are awesome :)[/quote]

Tina you fat lard come eat your dinner! Napolean Dynamite anyone?
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    snadam wrote:

hey netadmin...where did you get your avatar? icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Crap, I totally missed this thread. I hijacked snadam's old Jim Carey wearing a big hat avatar to confuse people for a few days. I'm pretty sure it worked icon_wink.gif

Obviously I have since changed it to something I can call my own. I love family guy....hence another family guy avatar.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nostalgia is fun
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    My avatar is the Simpsonized version of me. I've since lost the goatee but have been too lazy to find another avatar.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Every time I see this thread I think of Arnold Schwarzenegger 's sound board prank:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvUFTMgBpc
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've got a temporary new avatar, in homage to my little smattering of Latin in my signature.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went ahead and posted an avatar of....ME.

Except this is actually pretty cool. I was playing a game at home one day and the light was shining through the window. It was reflecting off my anti-glare (thus I am blue) on my CRT and making a really cool light shadow. I took pictures with my phone and here we are! It's spooky.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    I went ahead and posted an avatar of....ME.

Except this is actually pretty cool. I was playing a game at home one day and the light was shining through the window. It was reflecting off my anti-glare (thus I am blue) on my CRT and making a really cool light shadow. I took pictures with my phone and here we are! It's spooky.

well my new avatar is..me...in 4th grade south park form :) I can assure you im much taller in real life, but the beer in my hand is fairly accurate icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Following suit. Me. With a little light-graffiti Abe Lincoln beard and tophat.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.