Options

MCTS: MS Project 2007.

My question is about the study material for this cert. The MCITP: project 2007 is on my mind, as Im looking to get into IT and i think this is a way that could help me do it while I do something that can still benefit my Civil engineering career.

The 70-632 self paced study guide doesnt have any comment on amazon and I was wondering if it was all i really need. I am getting started...from 0. I have MS project at home and office, but have never really even open the software.

Any of you guys who already passed the exams, can you share your experience and what study materials you use?

Thanks in advance.
Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have the book - haven't really started with it yet - but it looks good - it walks you through the process of using Microsoft Project step-by-step. It does assume a certain level of understanding about the project management process/terminology and such. I would therefore suggest you pick up a book on Project Management (there is a For Dummies that is very entry level if that's where you're at - not sure if you're still in school or are a practicing engineer and actually have some experience running projects). Oh and be warned the official PMBOK guide is a little dry for someone starting out. :)
  • Options
    AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    Im a practicing engineer and have experience managing construction projects. I had aproject maangement class that had NOTHING to do with the PMI syllabus (PMBOK) and im not familiar with the terminology.

I ordered the fast forward MBA in project management which is supposedly awesome but not PMI related, according to what I read on some reviews.

Im going to order both the step by step and the self paced study guides to prepare for the exam.

If anybody else has an experience to share please post...
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.