Options

Time to get it done

macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
I just wrote out my list of certs to finish and when I want them, Time to start studying.

Comments

• Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Don't be shy, do share! Motivation is contagious.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just wrote out all the things I wanted to still study and learn, but when I clicked submit, the forum engine told me there's too many characters in the post. icon_wink.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    damn you royal for making me want to learn powershell... icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yup, I had the same problem as royal...

t01820030814pos01bix9.jpg

Dammit, now how am I supposed to remember what I entered ;)
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i wish i could learn everythign i want to learn, and still have time for school/work.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    i wish i could learn everythign i want to learn, and still have time for school/work.

+1.

I sit for the 70-271 on the 30th & back to school on Sept. 2nd. icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    My wife works late and I have to take care of our 7 month old son till she gets home so finding time to study can be very hard.
  • Options
    IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    I have a 6month old so finding time to study can be very hard, but hey that is what weekends are for. late night studying. If you can bring a book to work and try to do some reading during down time, or on lunch. Just try to find a way that works for you.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My wife and I had a "talk" about how much time I spend studying the other day. I told her she needs to get a divorce or start playing WoW again.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    And she told you that you need to stop being such a bum, get a job that pays you what you're worth, so that she can support her WoW habit.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    My wife and I had a "talk" about how much time I spend studying the other day. I told her she needs to get a divorce or start playing WoW again.

mamma needs a new pair of magic spells!!! :P

my wife just wants jewelery icon_sad.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Man, I have 4 kids aged 2 to 5, a wife and a full time job. Study time is limited but a welcome break icon_wink.gif

I keep my list in a Mind Map (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) showing what I have done, what I want to do and things that I have experience in. I found this helps keep me on track and reminds me of some of the things I have worked on.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    I keep my list in a Mind Map (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) showing what I have done, what I want to do and things that I have experience in. I found this helps keep me on track and reminds me of some of the things I have worked on.
    +1 to the use of mind-maps. I use MindManager for the same thing.
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    The reason I sat down and wrote out the list is because the other day I had interview for a good job. I was explaining to the person why I had not finished my MCSA yet and I was thinking to myself this is crap and I need it. So I am waiting to hear back from that job. We fine out my wife is pregent and so I decide its time to get some stuff done.