Best IT Help forum for REAL IT guys????

94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
Hey all, we're all pretty good at what we do but on occasion I still need to bounce ideas off peers and colleagues to see what they can come up with. What sites do you all use for that purpose? I'm a member at experts exchange but I hate the format there. I'm looking for a suggestion of an IT site for IT guys that gets alot of traffic. Technet and MSKB is nice but there are times when you just need an outside opinion on something. Also, I'm hoping the site will have everything I need in one place - Exchange, SQL, Cisco, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's wrong with us? icon_sad.gif
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    dynamik wrote:
    What's wrong with us? icon_sad.gif

nothing at all, I just didn't think there was a "help" section. To be honest, I haven't looked at all the forums. Just the one's I needed while testing.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are experts in many facets of IT here...you would be surprised at the amount of detailed responses given for some very technical questions.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oh, people do that all the time. I think they often just make an attempt at getting it in the most relevant forum (i.e. basic Cisco questions go in the CCNA forum) or just put it in off topic. Seeing problems and resolutions helps a great deal when learning the material, so feel free to post things like that.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    dynamik wrote:
    Oh, people do that all the time. I think they often just make an attempt at getting it in the most relevant forum (i.e. basic Cisco questions go in the CCNA forum) or just put it in off topic. Seeing problems and resolutions helps a great deal when learning the material, so feel free to post things like that.

Thanks very much guys. I will give it a shot here. Anyone know anything about McAfee Corporate and EPolicy Orchestrator? icon_confused.gif
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    94jedi wrote:
    nothing at all, I just didn't think there was a "help" section. To be honest, I haven't looked at all the forums. Just the one's I needed while testing.

Post your sensible queries in the relevant forum and one of the highly skilled experts will surely help you out and offer you great advice. Or you could get stuck with dynamik icon_lol.gif (only joking!)

Seriously though, this site has a wealth of information and the members are always willing to help out.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    94jedi wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Thanks very much guys. I will give it a shot here. Anyone know anything about McAfee Corporate and EPolicy Orchestrator? icon_confused.gif

I can manage the above, what are you having problems with?