Options

Do Companies pay entry lvl IT workers what we are worth?

13»

Comments

• Options
    snoop101snoop101 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would have to say that location is everything. I make $64k a year doing tier 1 & 2 support. Personally I do it because of the money, not because I enjoy it. Im in the process of getting as much Linux training as possible because its need here in Alberta and the starting salary is $70k-$80k.

In a nut shell... Location,location, and finally location.
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I'm very late in this "debate"...

I have an entry level information systems technician job (basically level 1 and 2 desktop support) and I'm very happy with the pay.

I'm still in College and would be rather doing this then flipping burgers/serving tables/working at a bookstore or something my colleagues do.

Hell I would do this for less money then they are making! The experience is the biggest thing at this point...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jryantech wrote:
    I'm very late in this "debate"...

...I'm still in College and would be rather doing this then flipping burgers/serving tables/working at a bookstore or something my colleagues do.

...The experience is the biggest thing at this point...
    jryantech has it right.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...