Options

Took ICND2 Today

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yes thats right folks, i sat the icnd2 exam today.

Glad to report back that i am now an CCNA. Passed with a modest 888. finished with 15 mins to spare.

Study material used (in no particular order):

Odoms icnd2
Sybex
CBT nuggets
Cisco Doc's
A ton of hands on labbing!
Advice from TE forums

Boy does it feel good to have this one under my belt. After the first few Q's and sim i thought i had bombed :) .

My advice to others - know how the topic works and what makes them tick and get your hands dirty labbing!!!! The exam itself was quite time pressurised even though i finished with 15 mins to spare - you have to have your eye on that clock so you dont run over. Also make sure you carefully read the question as there was a few which nearly tripped me up. One thing i would add to the last comment is re-read the question before you look at the answers as some of the q's werent written very well.

Odoms' icnd2 book rocked my boat more than the sybex but the two are equally good in learning the material for the exam. Im not a video man but the cbt's were a v.gd addition for me learning the hands on aspects as if i did not understand the material from the books you could watch jeremy do the hands on and it would all click - and vice versa.

As for what to do next? well im a little bit stuck on that. Not meaning to double post but if you would like to give your opinions on another post relating to it here:

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37355

It would be a big help for some more input.

At the minute i feel like doing BSCI and BCMSN then doing the CCDA and eventually finishing off the ccnp.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Way to go Nel!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

We knew you would make it!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats Nel. You've certainly blown by me in the Cisco world. Keep it up icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats, ill be sitting mine soon!
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Congrats Nel. You've certainly blown by me in the Cisco world. Keep it up icon_cool.gif

Thanks Guys!

Yeah but lets face it dynamik your doing 20 different things at once icon_lol.gif

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nel, congrats mate good stuff!
  • Options
    VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Nel!! May I ask what type of equipment you used for your lab? I am now starting to study for my ICND2 after a week off and need some suggestions.

Also, Mike if you can suggest some equipment to me as well.
    Victorious
  • Options
    Victorious wrote:
    Congrats Nel!! May I ask what type of equipment you used for your lab? I am now starting to study for my ICND2 after a week off and need some suggestions.

Also, Mike if you can suggest some equipment to me as well.

Here's what i used - this isnt a specific guide...this is what i borrowed/bought on the cheap to piece a lab together.

2 x 2950
    1 x 2970
    1 x 2610xm
    2 x 2612
    1 x 3725 (used for frame relay)

To be honest i went for this route because i have little hands on, so this gave me a feel for the equipment and the full use of it. There's no doubt i would recommend this over any other method but for the routing side you can def use dynamips. get a couple of 2950's and your done. but im hoping i can use these for the NP if i go that route.

• Options
    VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks man.
    Victorious
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Congratulations well done!
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies fella's. much appreciated!

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, well done icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nice one fella congrats icon_smile.gif

as to what to do next... keep going on your track and hit the NP first.... then IE....

easy mate icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options

as to what to do next... keep going on your track and hit the NP first.... then IE....

easy mate icon_smile.gif

haha...i like your thinking...should i be expecting to meet you at the top of the mountain seen as though its easy :p

• Options
    nel wrote:

easy mate icon_smile.gif

haha...i like your thinking...should i be expecting to meet you at the top of the mountain seen as though its easy :p

wip mate icon_smile.gif
    busy discussing a new job with a cisco reseller and part of the package is IE training... FAST ! lol
    they need it and i want it.....
    watch this space....

in the mean time ill keep working towards my ccvp....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    wip mate icon_smile.gif
    busy discussing a new job with a cisco reseller and part of the package is IE training... FAST ! lol
    they need it and i want it.....
    watch this space....

in the mean time ill keep working towards my ccvp....

Well once your in there give me a tinkle for any positions that arise icon_cool.gif

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote:
    Well once your in there give me a tinkle for any positions that arise icon_cool.gif

What's "a tinkle" mean over there? Because obviously it is different than over here. A ring, as in a phone call?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    nel wrote:

What's "a tinkle" mean over there? Because obviously it is different than over here. A ring, as in a phone call?

yep mate a tinkle is a ring as in phone call......
    and not a trip to the bathroom.....
  • Options
    nel wrote:

Yes mate a phone call icon_lol.gif

I wasnt trying to say i want to go to the bathroom with him haha

• Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    awesome job nel! great score!

congrats!!

G.

:D
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!