Options

IT guys out of shape?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After this post, I hit the gym today, and it felt good after not going for 3 weeks.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    And with that, I'm off to the gym, myself, tonight. I'm thinking I'm going to load up the ol' iPod with something fast-paced, (doing some benching and upper-back stuff tonight). Hmm. . . AC/DC, or possibly something more electronic. I'll let you all know if I hurt myself or not, when I get back. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'll let you all know if I hurt myself or not, when I get back. icon_lol.gif

If you get back...

Oh, and the FF7 OCRemix is seeeeeeeeeexy!
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Someone post a good program to keep in shape, like hitting a threads twice a week for 30 minutes, something of that nature, now that I said that one of my brother is extremely husky, my other brother was Mr. Philippines, I'm not kidding.

http://www.pinoymuscle.com/articles/featured_athlete/michael_pasion_baello_-_October_2004.html

That's some serious discipline right there, like taking a CCIE.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Stronglifts is a great site for all things fitness and building muscle. I just started the beginner's 5x5 program and am already making gains. I am 5'8" and about 215, but you wouldn't think so looking. I guess "blocky" is the word to use these days. My job keeps me fairly busy walking around fixing problems, so I don't get too much chair time. I get free food and drinks, so I watch how much I eat, since I work swings.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Psoasman wrote:
    Stronglifts is a great site for all things fitness and building muscle. I just started the beginner's 5x5 program and am already making gains. I am 5'8" and about 215, but you wouldn't think so looking. I guess "blocky" is the word to use these days. My job keeps me fairly busy walking around fixing problems, so I don't get too much chair time. I get free food and drinks, so I watch how much I eat, since I work swings.

Do a search for stronglifts or 5x5. There's a few of us who are doing it icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been doing p90x for about 6 weeks and have lost about 20 lbs. My abs are decent and I'm getting more defined. I've lifted for about 5 years (with a little bit of cardio here or there), but the gut started getting out of control before p90x. I was 205 for a bit and now im back down to 185 at 5'10 and my energy level has sky rocketed.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    5' 7" 127lbs here. Down from 167 about 5 years ago.

I eat what I want, but in moderation. If I want pizza I will have it, but only 2 pieces at a time. I think moderation is the key, at least for me.

I need to get more exercise in!
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jbaello wrote:
    After this post, I hit the gym today, and it felt good after not going for 3 weeks.

Lol great to see my post motivated someone. As for me I've been running 3 times a week for half an hour before getting ready for work in the morning. Trying to start small since I have been physically inactive this whole year and got into a horrible habit of smoking a pack of Reds a day. Down to a cigarette every few days now as I slowly quit haha. On my days I don't run I've been either walking or doing as many pushups as I can muster whenever I'm bored 'cause I don't really know what else to do. I don't know about dieting so I've just been eating less crappy foods, not eating anytime after 6pm (so I can sleep early and run in the morning), and in general just eating less (as in smaller portions) since I used to stuff my face until I felt very full. I'm browsing that stronglift site right now though to see what's up.