Options

Temp Agencys

jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
I don't like these at all... I understand some are good and some are bad... What are your opinions? Are you currently employed because of one?

Also if there is a temp agency and you've look at the internet for some type of information regarding them (other then there own website) and you can't find anything (like bad reviews or good reviews) would you still apply to them? (IE Volt Services Group is one I've found... obviously Robert Half Tech is another one)
"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had good luck with Temp/Staffing agencies, though i'm not employed by one now. The last one I worked for even provided health insurance. Be wary of the "new" ones. Try to meet in person. Too many scammers out there trying to steal identities.
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just be careful with them, make sure you get a decent offer, and you are happy with it. The ones I talked to were local and they were good, and kept in contact with me once jobs came up. I did not receive a job through one, but as said in the previous post watch out for the scammers!

There are also some posts on here that talk about a few of them, if you run a search - good luck!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Haven't had any luck with temp agencies or recruiters ever. But don't let that discourage you. Just be careful of what you tell them. Keep your SS# to yourself until you are placed. They don't need to run a background check until then if they require one. I've seen the way these places treat their applications so I wouldn't be at all surprised if a good bit of identity theft comes from scrounging employment agency bins.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    I got my last and current jobs through a staffing agency. I did my 3 - 6 months, then became perm with the company. I never had any problems with them and they always sent me to the site to actually interview so that informed me they were legit.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I'm currently a Temp to Prem and in the process of getting my security clearence. So for me it's a good deal. It's only for 6 months and I get payed every week for 40 hrs only. I have health and a 401K. Not a bad deal. Take a look into them.

PM if you have questions but make sure the job is Temp to Prem...
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    andrewparkerandrewparker Member Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am currently employed thanks to a staffing agency. I didnt go to them for the job, the job was listed in the local newspaper by the staffing agency and i sent my resume to them. It was listed as a temp to perm job, so leaving a steady job to go to temp to perm was a big risk. After talking to the staffing agency, which handles almost all the hiring for our company, i was told they always hire when the temp time is up. So i would say go for it.