Options

Lunch onsite or offsite?

IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
Curious as to how many people eat their lunch onsite or do you take a break and go offsite to eat? If you do stay onsite to eat your lunch, do you get people coming up to you for things to get done? or are you generally left alone?
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• Options
    thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    Offsite, usually to take my dog for a walk. If he's with the sitter then I go out for lunch.

I firmly beleive leaving work for lunch keeps me sane.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I don't eat lunch (you would understand if you saw the break room here) and usually don't have a vehicle. When I do have a vehicle I go home for lunch as it is a 5 minute drive from here. Otherwise I just leave the building and walk somewhere to talk on the phone with my wife. Any "emergencies" will just have to wait. If someone tracks me down I tell them I am on my lunch break.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm cheap so I bring food from home and eat here. Sometimes people bug me but I just take that much more time for a break. It doesn't really bother me.
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I normally eat in our canteen sometimes I buy my food from the canteen and other times I eat my sarnies in the canteen. Its good to get away from your desk and have a non work conversation with your colleagues
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm cheap so I bring food from home and eat here.

Same here, but on occasion I go out with coworkers if a few of us decide to go. I usually read during lunch so it would waste some valuable study time if I were to drive somewhere to eat.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    theseman wrote:

I firmly beleive leaving work for lunch keeps me sane.

x2, its nice to get out of the building. i go watch jets take off at the air force base or out with some coworkers.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I go home for lunch. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I eat at my desk, my coworkers don't really talk to me. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Usually out for lunch with coworker. If busy or they're not around then I'll eat at my desk and have to put up with people interrupting all the time.
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    I usually eat at my desk. Unless I am at client site and cant get back in time, then I will eat out. If my wife ain't busy, she will meet me for lunch.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lately, I eat in my office since I brown bag it. However, I went out yesterday, and it felt really good to get out of the office. I find myself working when eating lunch in the office.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I usually eat out of the office. I only eat out of the office with co-workers if they are cute or have a brain.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    I work at a school, you insensitive clod.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depending on wx, job and cash... U know

Summer time, try to get to outside during lunch to check out women.. U know
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    lex0429lex0429 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    at desk, company gives us a $20 per day lunch allowance to get lunch delivered but we cant leave the office obviously.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    lex0429 wrote:
    at desk, company gives us a $20 per day lunch allowance to get lunch delivered but we cant leave the office obviously.

Wow, I have never heard of anything like that before. Is that $20 given separate or included in your pay? If you don't mind me asking what type of work do you do?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Sometimes I bring lunch and eat in the cafeteria. Sometimes I go out to the shopping center next to us or if I really want to get away, I pick up lunch for my brother and I and take it to him. He only works 10 minutes away. Sometimes I get lunch and split it between two days. Drink water and coffee. BBBOOOOAAAARRRRIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.