Options

Sat the 70-290 today

bar182bar182 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Was a crazy one! I had done 4 practice exams over the weekend and had got 44% 44% 56% and 60%.

Went to the exam with no confidence obviously and come out the other end with an 857.

Crazy... :D

The sims helped alot as I could visualize what I was doing. There were no sims on the practice exams so I think thats what really helped me. Everything was pretty strong except 'Manage and maintain physical and logical devices' which was nearly empty on the sectional results.

So I have been hitting out an exam a month so far with the 70-270 on July 22 and the 70-290 on Aug 25.

Going by those two exams taking a month each how long would people suggest I take to do the 70-291? 1.5 - 2 months?

Can't believe I am up to the beast. *scary music*
MCP | MCTS:Vista| CCA:XenApp5|
WIP > 70-291 for MCSA

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass :)

It depends how experienced you are with the topics in 291, though personally, I've given it longer study time than the other MS exams anyway due to it's reputation and the fact a lot of people fail it on the first attempt. (I've given it two months and it's only a week away now - erk! icon_eek.gif ). Don't forget to use the second shot promotion to boost the confidence a bit when sitting this one too.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done with 70-290! You'll definitely need to spend more time on the 70-291, and a lot of this extra time would need to be spent on getting as much hands-on and lab experience of the subject matter as you can.

As bertieb says there is a higher proportion of people that fail this exam first time around, so don't let the Second-Shot offer rush you into taking 70-291 before you feel confident in yourself. Also try not to think about 'the beast' reputation, it's no harder than 70-270 and 70-290 so long as you are prepared! Good luck.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Options
    bar182bar182 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I am definately going to put 100% into the 291. I did the 270 and 290 fairly half assed.

I don't want to be taking more than 2 months for it though. Going to have a couple of days off and get back into it!

I need to setup my server and grab some VMWare products..
    MCP | MCTS:Vista| CCA:XenApp5|
    WIP > 70-291 for MCSA