Options

Fantasy Football Fans

Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
Any FFB bans here? It's about that time, and I was wondering what your favorite site is. I've tried a few but only like the NFL site. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, but I'm cheap so I won't try a pay site even for the prizes.
No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not a fan of it, but my cousin is. He called off work on Saturday for the FFB draft... Whatever that is. It is about all he talks about.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    It can get obsessive if you like football. No need to skip work though, since you can automate your picks in the draft.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I love fantasy football. I usually go to NFL.com also. We should get a few together hear and start a league.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in if you can get people.
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    I have a league (free league on nfl.com) 10 man if people want to play. Gotta be active and not ust draft and sit there for 12 weeks.

Email me at aaronmac5@yahoo.com or leave reply here if you're interested!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i'm in a couple of leagues with yahoo. I think this is my 8th year doing it. I have a family league and a league with a bunch of college buddies we started freshman year. Its a great way to keep in touch plus we all love NFL

Count me in for a TE league if you guys are serious
  • Options
    I'm in!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've never done FFB ever. but I do love football.

Explanation plz?
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here is how I usually play fantasy football:

1. draft an okay team
    2. NEVER TOUCH THE ROSTER
    3. Completely forget I had a fantasy football team
    4. Do surprisingly well each week
    5. Make playoffs
    6. Come in 3rd or better
    7. Anger the other managers in the league :)

same applies for baseball. I just cant get into it. I've always considered myself a 'ballplayer' and worried more about gameplay than actual numbers. It IS fun though if you have a league thats into it as much as you though.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    I've never done FFB ever. but I do love football.

Explanation plz?

Players are assigned points based on how well they do that week in stats, e.g. total rushing yards, total receiving yards, total passing yards, etc. The most important stat is a touchdown for that player since it awards him the most points, specifically 6 as in the game itself. Defenses/special teams (DST) also get points for touchdowns, interceptions, sacks, points allowed, etc. Each fantasy site has their own point system, but they're similar. They also have a default rank for fantasy players which you can use as a tool or ignore depending on your experience.
    You choose players in a draft, set your lineup week to week, compete head-to-head against another fantasy teams, and the team that gets the most points wins for that week. The huge negative is that you start to watch games for the sake of fantasy stats and it's harder to enjoy the games. It's a lot like gambling.
  • Options
    Well I made a league on yahoo sports:

League Id: 551391
    Password: Kickoff

Live draft is Saturday 8/30 afternoon @ 5pm ET (This can always be changed if tons of people feel like they can't do this time)

Just goto http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup and join the league. It's a free league too.

Just try and be active if you do join :) semi-active is ok as long as you dont draft and sit there for 12 weeks and not do anything.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    loxleynew wrote:

League Id: Tech Junkies

Live draft is Saturday 8/30 afternoon @ 5pm ET (This can always be changed if tons of people feel like they can't do this time)

Just goto http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup and join the league. It's a free league too.

Just try and be active if you do join :) semi-active is ok as long as you dont draft and sit there for 12 weeks and not do anything.

well i guess im out! icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    snadam wrote:
    well i guess im out! icon_lol.gif

haha, just switchup your team once a week while you check your email! Takes 2 minutes!
  • Options
    Oops! You beat me to it.
    I tried Yahoo last year. I was annoyed that they wouldn't give me live scoring. Don't they know who I am?

Also available:
    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy

Public League: MCSE CCNA

lousy draft time, but it's the best I could do before the regular season starts (Sept. 3, 4:00pm)
    you can automate your picks by ranking them
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in three yahoo leagues. I like yahoo's layout and management way more than ESPN or NFL.com.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    I joined your nfl league too. So i'm in like 6 non paid leagues and one paid one. sigh too much football lol.
  • Options
    receiving an error
    There was a problem

* This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)
        * This league is from the free game. (Error #271)

Anyone able to join yet?
  • Options
    whoops...got too excited and clicked the wrong join icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I'm in three yahoo leagues. I like yahoo's layout and management way more than ESPN or NFL.com.

What is it all command line? icon_wink.gif
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never really followed football much but this year a friend of mine talked me into playing fantasy football in his league he created on ESPN.com.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    *bump*

Just wanted to see if anyone missed this and would like to join the TE fantasy football league
    loxleynew wrote:

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No thanks. Let me know when you do something with fantasy cheerleaders. I'll probably get on board for that ;)
  • Options
    gojericho0 wrote:
    *bump*

Just wanted to see if anyone missed this and would like to join the TE fantasy football league
    loxleynew wrote:

I'll add another BUMP!

Its gonna be a boring league with just gojericho0, loxleynew and me.....

At least we will get good players in the draft!
  • Options
    Yea we got 3 people so far in our league ! Would like at least 8 lol. Even if you can't make the draft it will autopick for you.