Options

Help re cca study material

tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, im looking to go for the cca certification, we have citrix in work and we use presentation server 3. The only thing I do at present is troubleshoot user user logon problems but I'm looking for some books to learn more and eventually go for an exam but the only real book I have found is the exam cram one with presentation server 3 and 4. Is there anything else I could get, im looking to study for Pres Serv 4, what topics are required to be studied for the cca, thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There isn't much in way of books available for Citrix certs that i've seen.

Best place to start is by downloading the exam enablement guide for the PS4 or PS4.5 CCA from the citrix website. This give details of whats covered in the exam.

I would also download from Citrix:

PS4/4.5 Admin Guide
    Web Interface Admin Guide
    Advanced Concepts Guide

these will give you some good study material.

Best study resources I used were

CBT Nuggets for PS4
    Citrixxperience study guide and online exams

Good Luck with your studies.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    If your experience is with MPS3 then there are things to learn. If you are comfortable with the majority of the Citrix concepts then Citrix CCA MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 and 4.0 Exam Cram™ (Exams 223 and 256) by Todd Mathers; Elias Khnaser is a very good resource.

I suppose it depends on how far under the bonnet you have been in your current role, if you are unsure then the Citrix course / Citrix courseware might be the best option, supplemented with CBT Nuggets.

Hope this helps.