Options

assigned ip address wont go away

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey!!!!

My 2924 switch has an ip address that I can't get rid of for some reason. I cleared the ip addresses on vlan1 and then I had vlan1 shutdown. Then I looked at the startup-config and I didn't see any ip addresses. So when I did the ipconfig command in the command line it gave me an ip address. icon_eek.gif

Now I can't get show the startup-config because my crappy usb to serial converter is not working for some reason.

I did have my 2921 router connected into the switch after that but for some reason my laptop still had the ip address. The ethernet port on the router has an ip address.

Would and one know whats up with this?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Uh. You talking about an IP address for your laptop, switch or router here? You mention all 3...
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So when I did the ipconfig command in the command line it gave me an ip address

There is no ipconfig command in Cisco IOS, so you probably did the command on your PC. Removing your switch IP address is not going to affect your PC's IP at all.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Hey!!!!

My 2924 switch has an ip address that I can't get rid of for some reason. I cleared the ip addresses on vlan1 and then I had vlan1 shutdown. Then I looked at the startup-config and I didn't see any ip addresses. So when I did the ipconfig command in the command line it gave me an ip address. icon_eek.gif

Now I can't get show the startup-config because my crappy usb to serial converter is not working for some reason.

I did have my 2921 router connected into the switch after that but for some reason my laptop still had the ip address. The ethernet port on the router has an ip address.

Would and one know whats up with this?

jamesleecoleman,

What are the exact Cisco IOS steps you took to accomplish "...I cleared the ip addresses on vlan1 and then I had vlan1 shutdown....?"