• Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    Love Panda Express
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Love Panda Express

x2

truth_cat.jpg
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    We have both Panda Inn and Panda Express here in SoCal. Not as good as Pick Up Stix (IMHO), but cheaper. Asian fast food has mondo calories, tho.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    undomiel wrote:
    No thanks, no vegetarian options.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    I love this place...Orange chicken with the noodles...yum.

I think i'm gonna go for lunch today...lol

That or Chipotle
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anyone have Byerly's in their area? It's a higher-end grocery store. They have Big Bowl Express in them, and it is awesome. Crunchy Sichuan Cashew Chicken is my favorite!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I like the home cook Filipino foods my girlfriend makes to any other Asian "fast foods".
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its Chinese for "Yummy"
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    snadam wrote:
    Its Chinese for "Yummy"
    What? Panda Express? Um yeah right...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Its Chinese for "Yummy"

so I guess you never heard their slogan...well I guess my sarcasm went out the window.. :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    snadam wrote:
    tiersten wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Its Chinese for "Yummy"

so I guess you never heard their slogan...well I guess my sarcasm went out the window.. :)
    Ah. Nope. In the UK but I have had the fortune (or misfortune?) to have had Panda Express once before :)
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    tiersten wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Its Chinese for "Yummy"

Ah. Nope. In the UK but I have had the fortune (or misfortune?) to have had Panda Express once before :)

gotcha. our local radio baseball announcer always plugs panda express on the air with that slogan.

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    When I lived in Germany they had the best Chinese food. Nothing like Chinese food in America, no generals chicken which I did miss though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I lived in Germany they had the best Chinese food. Nothing like Chinese food in America, no generals chicken which I did miss though.

The best Chinese food I have ever had I had in Germany. Happened on it by pure chance as well. I was an exchange student at the time and I was with a group of Americans when we first got to the country. Well after a day of walking around Köln we were all hungry and trying to find a place that wasn't packed when we came upon a menu posted on the side of a building. It was for Chinese food and we all agreed on it. So we made our way up some stairs to a place that just gave the feeling that we shouldn't have been there. The stairs were narrow, dirty and it was a dark gloomy feeling. But once we got to the second floor and opened the doors the restaurant was beautiful. The only thing that creeped us out was that it was dead quite as we walked in. It looked exactly like the Chinese restaurants in movies that are the home of Chinese mafia. All servers in traditional clothes, the only other people eating there were older Chinese guys in nice business suits and they even had the guys that stand on either side of all the door ways that stand there staring straight ahead with towels folded over their arms. Everyone in the group's first thought was, "Holy **** we just stumbled in on a mafia meeting!" We didn't care though since we were all hungry. After walking in a waitress came over and seated us at a huge round table with a spinny thing to serve the food on. After we were seated we started ordering drinks and I must say it is the only time I have paid $10 for a glass of coke that wouldn't even fill one coke can. We ended up ordering and getting our food and while it was like $50+ a person it was the best damn Chinese food I have ever had.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options

while I believe you, the best Chinese food I ever had was in Chinatown in SF.

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    snadam wrote:

while I believe you, the best Chinese food I ever had was in Chinatown in SF.
    Yup SFO's Chinatown is a winner (most Chinese I've had elsewhere in the US has been, well I'd rather not talk about it...)

Probably the best Chinese food I've had in North America is... right here. :) We have the second largest Chinatown after SFO and about 20% of the population of Metro Vancouver is ethnic Chinese.

Thanks to this thread: wo e le
  • Options
    pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    Moy Kong FTW!!!! GTFO PANADA. You give so little food in the mall for so much! BOO :D
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm Chinese and Panda Express makes me sick, literally... I don't want to be grounded to the porcelain throne! icon_mad.gif Chipotle is good, though authentic can be better sometimes.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I ate at a Panda Express north of DC. For fast food chinese, it was pretty damn good, and that's impressive. Nothing is worse than bad chinese food.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Asian food in America is bland - kind of like eating processed cardboard or something icon_confused.gif

Come to think of it - the same goes for most countries I have visited - except the asian ones icon_rolleyes.gif

To eat Vietnamese while in country is awesome, and the same goes for Indian, Thai, Malaysian and abour every other cuisiene I have tasted. Basically, they dumb it down to meet the tastes of the local market. There are exceptions however - but they are little mom & pop operations.
    My favorite thing when ordering a dish and asked how I woukld like it is to reply - "Exactly as you would prepare it when you eat at home." That rewards me with some very interesting meals. Heck, sometimes I even ask that they just surprise me with something the chef feels like making.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    mamono wrote:
    I'm Chinese and Panda Express makes me sick, literally... I don't want to be grounded to the porcelain throne! icon_mad.gif Chipotle is good, though authentic can be better sometimes.

same goes for me and Italian food. We only eat pasta sauce that we make at home, and I think the Olive Garden is gross icon_silent.gif

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    and I think the Olive Garden is gross icon_silent.gif
    Tried it again when I was in Pennsylvania a few months ago. Never again. puke.gif
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    and I think the Olive Garden is gross icon_silent.gif
    Tried it again when I was in Pennsylvania a few months ago. Never again. puke.gif

#1 Italian restaurant in America, my ASS!!!

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I eat Panda Express for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes for snacks too.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    RussS wrote:
    Asian food in America is bland - kind of like eating processed cardboard or something icon_confused.gif

Come to think of it - the same goes for most countries I have visited - except the asian ones icon_rolleyes.gif

That's the way it is when you import food-culture from one country to another. The term is "Americanizing", where something is taken from one place (often an eastern or european culture) and modified for consumption by another (usually a western culture). Most ethnic resturants (Chinese, Indian, Italian, etc.) in the US are this way so that Americans will go to them. There are, of course, exceptions, but the authentic places are harder to find. (You certainly won't find them at stripmalls, next to P.F. Changs.) Believe me, I know the feeling of seeing your country's food bastardized. I'm Swedish, and even some of the stuff they serve at the IKEA in-store resturants make me scratch my head sometimes. (Mac and cheese with meatballs?!?!)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What does Panda taste like?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand - I was a chef for the best part of 20 years and cringe at a lot of what I see too icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    What does Panda taste like?
    Tastes kind of like ferret.

• Options
    RussS wrote:
    Slowhand - I was a chef for the best part of 20 years and cringe at a lot of what I see too icon_confused.gif
    Hurts your head when traditional food becomes franchised, doesn't it? Sometimes I cringe, sometimes I just suspend disbelief and eat. It comes in waves, really.

• Options
    It interests me to know, Where do people outside of North America go for a good "Authentic" Cheeseburger? (besides icanhazcheezburger :lol )