Rules For Hiring Women

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
There's no longer any question whether transit companies should hire women for jobs formerly held by men. The important things now are to select the most efficient women available and how to use them to the best advantage. Here are eleven helpful tips on the subject from Western Properties:

1. Pick young married women. They usually have more of a sense of responsibility than their unmarried sisters, they're less likely to be flirtatious, they need the work or they wouldn't be doing it, they still have the pep and interest to work hard and to deal with the public efficiently.

2. When you have to use older women, try to get ones who have worked outside the home at some time in their lives. Older women who have never contacted the public have a hard time adapting themselves and are inclined to be cantankerous and fussy. It's always well to impress upon older women the importance of friendliness and courtesy.

3. General experience indicates that "husky" girls - those who are just a little on the heavy side - are more even tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters.

4. Retain a physician to give each woman you hire a special physical examination - one covering female conditions. This step not only protects the property against the possibilities of lawsuit, but reveals whether the employee-to-be has any female weaknesses which would make her mentally or physically unfit for the job.

5. Stress at the outset the importance of time - the fact that a minute or two lost here and there makes serious inroads on schedules. Until this point is gotten across, service is likely to be slowed up.

6. Give the female employee a definite day-long schedule of duties so that they'll keep busy without bothering the management for instructions every few minutes. Numerous properties say that women make excellent workers when they have their jobs cut out for them, but that they lack initiative in finding work themselves.

7. Whenever possible, let the inside employee change from one job to another at some time during the day. Women are inclined to be less nervous and happier with change.

8. Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. You have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipstick and wash her hands several times a day.

9. Be tactful when issuing instructions or in making criticisms. Women are often sensitive; they can't shrug off harsh words the way men do. Never ridicule a woman - it breaks her spirit and cuts off her efficiency.

10. Be reasonably considerate about using strong language around women. Even though a girl's husband or father may swear vociferously, she'll grow to dislike a place of business where she hears too much of this.

11. Get enough size variety in operator's uniforms so that each girl can have a proper fit. This point can't be stressed too much in keeping women happy.

Came across this on another site... Discuss :D
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I'm a woman and disagree with most of that post. But that's just me!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    sounds like it is from the 50's. Or earlier....

john

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    cnfuzzd wrote:

john

That's what I was thinking. Some of that stuff would probably draw a law suit now a days....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I'm for equality, if the women are hot...

Just kidding...actually no I wasn't icon_wink.gif
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cnfuzzd wrote:

john

Damn, ya got me :D

This is what I left out...
    1943 Guide to Hiring Women
    Eleven tips on getting more efficiency out of women employees...

[The following is an excerpt from the July 1943 issue of Transportation Magazine. This was serious and written for male supervisors of women in the work force during World War II. Obviously, the intent was not to be "funny," but by today's standards, this is hilarious...]

There's no longer any question whether transit companies should hire women for jobs formerly held by men. The draft and manpower shortage has settled that point. The important things now are to select the most efficient women available and how to use them to the best advantage. Here are eleven helpful tips on the subject from Western Properties:
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

larrydaman wrote:
    I'm for equality, if the women are hot...

Just kidding...actually no I wasn't icon_wink.gif

Did you read #3???

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    washkp0-1.jpg

icon_wink.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Looking at the postings of these pictures, links, and lists, two things are clear: 1) Times have changed a great deal, exponentially so in the last few decades. And 2) the male population of TechExams.net is never getting laid again. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Spooky. I sent this to snadam around 10am today.

I stumbled across this one while trying to find the other: http://blog.indecision2008.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mccainwomenworkplace_lg.jpg
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Slowhand wrote:
    Looking at the postings of these pictures, links, and lists, two things are clear: 1) Times have changed a great deal, exponentially so in the last few decades. And 2) the male population of TechExams.net is never getting laid again. icon_lol.gif

So you think they were before this?
    Many are either married or that 'single tech' type.

icon_twisted.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Plantwiz wrote:
    So you think they were before this?
    If I said "yes", would you believe me? icon_lol.gif

• TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Looking at the postings of these pictures, links, and lists, two things are clear: 1) Times have changed a great deal, exponentially so in the last few decades
    That depends on where you live icon_wink.gif
    And 2) the male population of TechExams.net is never getting laid again. icon_lol.gif
    Speak for yourself icon_cool.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    RussS wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    Looking at the postings of these pictures, links, and lists, two things are clear: 1) Times have changed a great deal, exponentially so in the last few decades
    That depends on where you live icon_wink.gif
    Very true. Some of us have to endure the barren wastes, while others live back in civilization.
    RussS wrote:
    And 2) the male population of TechExams.net is never getting laid again. icon_lol.gif
    Speak for yourself icon_cool.gif
    Heh, heh. . . I'm not lumping myself in with you crazy people. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a blonde to call. icon_cool.gif

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The most informative tip I've heard with women in the work force is this.

As the manager, always make sure that if you need to punish or speak any kind of negative comment to a woman, you need to have someone beside you. Never interview a woman alone. Basically anything personal you have to do with a woman you should have someone in the same office as you.

The lawsuits are so heavy that this is just a CYA.

I thought that was quite informative and interesting. Kinda sad honestly.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Dang, thought the title was rules for hitting women-- I was hoping to learn something.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Talic wrote:
    washkp0-1.jpg

icon_wink.gif

That's awesome icon_lol.gif

Classic!
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    women.jpg

A scientific take on women.

So girls are you common ores? :P
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    the male population of TechExams.net is never getting laid again. icon_lol.gif

This was most likely going to happen regardless of the contents of this thread.
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Pash wrote:
    women.jpg

A scientific take on women.

So girls are you common ores? :P

icon_rolleyes.gif again.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Having rules and guidelines for hiring women (or religion or cace) is only something the government worries, and argues about. It's our job as citizens to ignore them and just pick the right person for the job.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics