Options

New member resume help

mythology189mythology189 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been lucky enough to find a site that is filled with a ton of excellent IT resources. I have been viewing this site for a little while now. It is just in time too because I am in the middle of studying for 70-290 and job hunting. I was wondering if I could get some constructive criticism and/or positive feedback on my resume. I appreciate all feedback.
Thanks

John Johnson
Address
Phone
Email

SKILLS SUMMARY
Highly motivated IT professional with over two years of experience in providing technical support and system administration. Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot a variety of PC and server related issues. Demonstrated leadership skills by training a group of coworkers for a major PC leasing project. Dedicated to applying or learning the technical expertise to help a company with its technology needs.

EXPERIENCE
Company, Location Time Worked
Field Engineer
• Provided system administration tasks such as OS installation, configuring TCP/IP, applying local security and firewall policies, domain accounts, company OS customization, system documentation, backup implementation, etc.
• Perform daily and scheduled maintenance such as event log reporting, Windows updates, driver updates, hardware replacement, and backup failures.
• Worked collaboratively with a team to implement a Veritas Netbackup enterprise solution across a Windows environment of 75+ servers.
• Lead and trained a project team to create, distribute, troubleshoot, and maintain custom OS images for a statewide client.
• Assisted help desk technicians to provide PC support for applications, network connectivity, and hardware.
• Perform remote support for external clients. This involved diagnosing and solving system errors, analyzing event logs, applying updates, and checking system backups. Communicate professionally with the clients about the status of the systems.

SYSTEMS PROFICIENCY
Software
Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Ghost, GhostCast server, Office 2003, Netbackup, Backup Exec, WSUS, Remote desktop, Dameware, Cisco VPN Client, Diskeeper, McAfee Antivirus, PGP Data Encryption
Skills
Analyzing and Troubleshooting
Basic Active Directory administration
Networking Concepts
Server administration
Disaster Recovery

EDUCATION
Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in Information Technology / Computer Network Systems
ITT Technical Institute
4.0 GPA
Comptia A+ Certification
Comptia Network + Certification Year Attended

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I like to have the first block be the goal...ie "to attain a full time position with X doing Y using Z experience" type stuff.

Other than that, I'd say it all might not fit onto one page. IMHO, it needs to be just one page.