Options

I've said it before and I'll say it again

rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I HATE the MS Press Measure Up Readiness Review practice exams!!

Tried using them for the XP exam and they just severely battered my confidence, well, they're just as bad if not worse for the 70-290 exam!

I'm sure I've seen people on here say the Transcender exams are harder, I just can't see it, everything from the way they word the questions to the subject matter itself just sucks on the Measure Up exams, so frustrating!!

I know I know, you're all probably thinking "just don't go near the Measure Up tests then", thought it might just be the XP one that was so rubbish, obviously not the case.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system! icon_mad.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think Transcender is often harder than the actual exam. That's in terms of content though, not because the questions are garbage.

Hopefully, you've learned your lesson and won't make the same mistake for 291 ;)
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I think Transcender is often harder than the actual exam. That's in terms of content though, not because the questions are garbage.

Hopefully, you've learned your lesson and won't make the same mistake for 291 ;)

Ha, trust me, I won't be going near Measure Up again, they shouldn't be allowed to even have that product on the market as it's very misleading.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    roolee wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Ha, trust me, I won't be going near Measure Up again, they shouldn't be allowed to even have that product on the market as it's very misleading.
    I feel that way about them all. For my 290 experience, I used the Sybex book, CBT Nuggetts, Transcender, and my job sent me to an official MS class for a week on 290. At the time, I knew the topics inside and out. I scored like a 750 or something on the test...which is obviously the low end of passing. Any of them that say they can guarantee a pass are just lying for your money.

The sad fact of the matter is that neither the MS Press nor MS Coursewares are designed to help you pass the test. Our teacher said that the test writers have nothing to do with any of their formal teaching...so imho its just a big sham. My sour .02

The shame of it is they most all do wonderful at teaching the subject matter for real world use, its just that MS has a way of testing the subject matter in a godaweful way.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used MeasureUp and passed just fine. Did you read the book? :p
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    I feel the same way about the Boson Exams that come with the CCNA Cisco Press books.
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I used MeasureUp and passed just fine. Did you read the book? :p

Hehe, of course I read the book, MS Press and Exam Cram. :D
  • Options
    ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transcender account was provided to me by my school New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. They wanted to give me 'Selftest Software' first. That’s fine because I used SelfTest Software to pass my CompTIA Network+ exam. But I did some research and thousands of men and weman agree that 'Transcender' is the most accurate to acctaul test questions. I appreciate the in-depth explanations as well. My school also provided me with the Microsoft Press 2274 and 2275 books. Looks great for hands on but it doesn’t look like it will equipt me for the 70-290 exam. I have to admit that I am spending mucho time on the my preparation and learning. I just want to make sure that I know every thing and take the test with confidence.

icon_bounce.gif