Please critique my CV
Hey guys. Could you please critique my CV? Thanks a lot.
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Billy Bob and I am very interested in the *Job Title* position you have posted on the monster.com website. I am only one month away from obtaining an Associate Degree in Computer Networking from *School*, where I also work part-time in a Desktop Support role. During my stay there I've taken and passed Comptia's A+, Security+, as well as Microsoft's 70-290 certification exams. I have a love for technology and a real skill when it comes to problem solving. I also have the need to feel challenged and to contribute to any team I'm a part of.
As a Desktop Support Technician, I have the technical skill set combined with the personality to deliver solutions and solve problems quickly with an upbeat attitude. My experience includes supporting 500+ users in desktop applications, troubleshooting and fixing computer and printer problems, and assisting a Network Administrator in completing various projects.
My communications and customer service skill will benefit your company as you introduce new employees to your network. Having an outgoing and detail-oriented personality, I will be effective in attending to customer service calls.
More details of my employment history and education can be found in the resume attached. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions either via email or cell phone anytime.
Thank you for your time,
Summary: An information technology professional that is highly motivated. Experienced in repair, diagnosis and support of information systems. Strong knowledge of hardware/software repair, diagnosis, troubleshooting and customer support. Demonstrated aptitude for developing and learning new skills, self-disciplined and efficient.
Education: Name of School
Associate Degree in Computer Networking
Graduation Date: 09/08
Current GPA: 3.30
Certifications: COMPTIA A+ Certified
COMPTIA Security + Certified
Skills: - Setup, repair, assembly and troubleshooting of computers and printers
- Competent in various operating systems such as Windows 95/98, Windows 2000/XP, Vista and Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of digital network technologies (including, routers, switches, etc.) and associated protocols (including DHCP, TCP, IP, etc.).
Experience: Job 1
Desktop Support Technician
• Installed & configured personal computers
• Assisted teachers and students with hardware and software problems
• Diagnosed and fixed PC and printer problems
• Assisted IT staff in configuring client workstations and connecting to network servers
• Responded to service/problem requests routed through the Help Desk
• Tutored students in Windows, Office, and general productivity software
• Used Remedy ticketing system to help resolve technical issues
• Used Norton Ghost to image computers to increase work productivity
• Answered help desk calls
• Diagnosed and fixed hardware and software problems
Languages: Fluent in Russian