Options

Hello ppl. new here and in need of motivation hehe

UrUeMiCUrUeMiC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok lemme introduce myself.... my name is sergio im 19 years old..and im from California..

last thursday i started CISCO 1... i just wanna c if this is really my field..pretty much just exploring.... i really like nething that has to do with computers.... and i guess im shooting for the CCNA certification... my classes r only on thursdays.. defenetly 4 hours!.. i think i can handle it... is it gonna get really hard??.. should i get the CCENT? or just take the 4 classes and try to pass the CCNA exam?...

so if someone can tell me how this is gonna b... what are the pros and cons... idk.. something!!! haha.. thank u guys :P

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It will probably be hard if you don't study, but if you study and work hard it shouldn't be too hard for you.

As far as taking one exam or two its your personal choice. I did the one exam to just get it out the way. Some people like to take the two exam approach to break it up, but thats just twice the chance of something going wrong. icon_wink.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like networker said, you have to study study and do more studying. Learn subnetting inside out as you'll need it for the rest of your life now...well if you stay in this field you will. I assume your taking the cisco academy, either way get plenty of hands on experiance, its a must if your going to pass.

As for test route there is no right or wrong. i would recommend the 2 tests if you have never touched the material before simply so you can break it down more. There is no financial difference between the routes now. but if you can feel you can learn the whole lot then obviously go ahead and take the one test.

Most people use these materials:

Odoms (cisco press) / Sybex CCNA books
    cbt nuggets
    Cisco doc info
    Hands on practice
    subnettingquestions.com ----for practice!

That should be sufficient materials for you to pass.

P.S. Dont be put off if you dont understand a topic straight off the bat. Alot of people are put off the material who are new to the field because of this so stick at it and it will all come together. This is also a great place to ask questions if you need advice etc.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since they changed the exam prices and there is no cost savings to the single exam option, you may as well get the CCENT along the way to the CCNA.

I just mentioned in another recent post that you can't just do B or C work in the classes and expect to pass the CCNA exam. The more time and effort you put into the classes, and the more time you spend in the lab, the more likely you are to pass the Cisco Certification Exams.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thank u guyss!! yeah i dont really know nething about networkin hehe but ya im on the academy and last thursday he did an overview of the class... i was like OMG sergio wat did u get urself intooo lol.... but im not gonna get all scared the first day hehe.... ive been reading the material and stuff from the cisco website.. my instructor said that its basically the only material i need.. but if theres other stuff then im down for that too hehe
  • Options
    TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good for you. Yeah don't let somethng that's new to you scare you. Once you get into it youll be more familiar. Class for my A+ starts next week. Im in the same boat youre in. Next will be my CCNA so keep us updated on how your class is going. I figured id start from the very bottom, otherwise CCNA was my first choice.
    Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.
  • Options
    i totally shud of gone for the A+ first lol... but watever... ama b soo accomplished after i pass my first class... its over in october and cisco 2 starts that same month.. its a hardcore fast class lol.. im kinda scareddd ehehehe... ill pass it tho.. watchhhhh HEHEHE
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    UrUeMiC wrote:
    Ok lemme introduce myself.... my name is sergio im 19 years old..and im from California..

last thursday i started CISCO 1... i just wanna c if this is really my field..pretty much just exploring.... i really like nething that has to do with computers.... and i guess im shooting for the CCNA certification... my classes r only on thursdays.. defenetly 4 hours!.. i think i can handle it... is it gonna get really hard??.. should i get the CCENT? or just take the 4 classes and try to pass the CCNA exam?...

so if someone can tell me how this is gonna b... what are the pros and cons... idk.. something!!! haha.. thank u guys :P

sergio,

With all due respect, this is not myspace.

Pro's - After getting experience and knowledge under your belt you can make a lot of money. More the the average earner.

Cons- It is not easy. be prepared to study and then study some more. Then be prepared to never stop studying.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    im sorry.. im just used to talking like that online...but i guess ill try to talk professional... but anyways thanks for replying to my post. :D

i will defenetly keep you guys updated . thanks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well this is a great place to practice ;)

You will come off as an absolute clown in the business world if you communicate like that. You should make working on oral and written communications a priority if they're a weak area for you.