Options

ICND1 Exam booked! - Update: PASSED!?

stevi3stevi3 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I know I dont post much on this forum, but it doesnt mean I dont troll them alot (sometimes abit too much for my own good hehe).

Ive finally booked the exam to take place in 2 weeks (13th Sep). I thought I'd post now instead of the "omg ive got the exam in 2 hours, what do I do!?!" kinda stuff lol. As far as studying material goes, Ive used:

CBT Nuggets
Train Signal
Wendel ICND1
Sybex ICND1

As well as finishing up the Cisco Netacad which I took at my local college! icon_eek.gif oh and Ive got 3x 2612 routers and 2x 2950 Switches :D .

The usual advice Ive seen around here is subnet subnet and well.. more subnetting, which Im pretty comfortable with!

I guess this post is just a thank you to all the helpful people on this forum, ive learnt alot from my mistakes (seems I werent the only one, when reading around) :D .

Exam here I come!

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man, let us know how it goes.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Time Management! Time Management! Time Management!

It's never too soon to start thinking about time management for the exam! No more than 10 minutes on the SIMs -- if you can't get 'em by then, you're just taking time away from the "easy" questions.

And remember to
    1. Read the Question.
    2. Read all the Answers.
    3. Read the Question again to make sure you didn't miss anything the first time.
    4. Choose the correct answer(s).

If you misread a question, or are in a hurry, you may miss something and jump at an "obvious" answer -- only to have selected the right answer to the wrong question. I think Cisco does slip in a couple "tricky questions" to see if you are paying attention and reading the questions carefully.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stevi3 wrote:
    Hi there,

I know I dont post much on this forum, but it doesnt mean I dont troll them alot (sometimes abit too much for my own good hehe).

Ive finally booked the exam to take place in 2 weeks (13th Sep). I thought I'd post now instead of the "omg ive got the exam in 2 hours, what do I do!?!" kinda stuff lol. As far as studying material goes, Ive used:

CBT Nuggets
    Train Signal
    Wendel ICND1
    Sybex ICND1

As well as finishing up the Cisco Netacad which I took at my local college! icon_eek.gif oh and Ive got 3x 2612 routers and 2x 2950 Switches :D .

The usual advice Ive seen around here is subnet subnet and well.. more subnetting, which Im pretty comfortable with!

I guess this post is just a thank you to all the helpful people on this forum, ive learnt alot from my mistakes (seems I werent the only one, when reading around) :D .

Exam here I come!

Gratz! I just booked mine too for Sept.30th... It's really all I can think about right now. I even woke up this morning and the first thing in my head was some subnetting question hah

Good luck!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hopefully I'll break into the Cisco world this month as well. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to all you guys and dynamik, its been a long time coming........Come join the family!
    icon_wink.gif
    Victorious
  • Options
    Hiya Folks!

Seems judgement day will be soon upon me (tomorrow). Kinda nervous here, yet excited icon_eek.gif. I guess with it being my 1st qualification (If I pass that is!). I think we've been the through the last minute tips thing too.

I guess I'll do some light reading tonight and get ready for it tomorrow. I'll keep y'all updated!

:D
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    good luck man,

ive got mine booked for tuesday it will be my first cisco exam aswell.
  • Options
    stevi3 wrote:
    I guess I'll do some light reading tonight and get ready for it tomorrow.
    I guess this is the time to tell you to try and RELAX - but we know it's easier said than done. :D The SecondChance is good until October 15th, so that should help take some of the pressure off.

If you haven't already been through the Certification Exam Tutorial or read the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement you'll get an opportunity before the exam. But if you go through them now, you can use that time before the exam to jot down your backup subnetting chart and any other reminders you want on your dry erase note sheets. Or you can get to the exam that much quicker.
  • Options
    Well The exam was scheduled for 11am today and I arrived at 9:10am (Thought the traffic would be bad, turns out the roads were empty!).

I think the exam didnt like me much because I was hit hard with sim after sim icon_eek.gif but in the end, scored a nice 925! So another CCENT to the mix. Onto my ICND2 now!

Thanks alot for the help and support! :D
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Hmm, I've got ICND1 scheduled for the 29th of this month, too!
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    congrats
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    But if you go through them now, you can use that time before the exam to jot down your backup subnetting chart and any other reminders you want on your dry erase note sheets. Or you can get to the exam that much quicker.

Are the dimensions of the dry-erase sheet confidential? lol I'm being somewhat facetious but kind of curious

I already practice every morning creating what I am going to write on it; my subnet chart, my 16's (because they throw me off sometimes when I'm counting) but... theres more...
    Oh well, I guess I'll see on that Tuesday morning

:)
  • Options
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    ddzierzek wrote:
    Are the dimensions of the dry-erase sheet confidential?

They look like laminated 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper -- and I think all of my have been a dark pink. I think I remember reading one of the things I'd sign before the exam and it said something about getting 2 sheets -- but one exam center would only give one and nothing to wipe it clean with. My best test center (no longer there icon_sad.gif ) would give two sheets, two markers (and test them before taking them into the exam room), and a gauze pad to erase.

Remember that dry erase markers are not precision writing instruments.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    ddzierzek wrote:

They look like laminated 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper -- and I think all of my have been a dark pink. I think I remember reading one of the things I'd sign before the exam and it said something about getting 2 sheets -- but one exam center would only give one and nothing to wipe it clean with. My best test center (no longer there icon_sad.gif ) would give two sheets, two markers (and test them before taking them into the exam room), and a gauze pad to erase.

Cool, thanks for the info :) That's kinda funny that one place didn't give anything to clean the page with. I'll probably be using the gauze pad as wound-dressing after banging my head against the keyboard :P

Thanks!

-Dale
  • Options
    IgloodudeIgloodude Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    ddzierzek wrote:

No kidding - I'm used to getting a couple sheets of paper for scratch stuff, so the laminated sheet and dry-erase marker was a bit of an annoying surprise. It isn't particularly easy to write a column of numbers with a dry-erase pen. icon_sad.gif
    Next up: MS Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642), CCNA (640-816)