Options

Passed I-Net+ today!!!

bjuarbebjuarbe Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
w00t w00t,
Passed I-Net+ today.
The test had a large amount of firewall questions on it....
Ahhhh yes one more down.
I now have A+, NET+ and now I-Net+

Should I go for Server+, Linux+ or maybe start MSCA????

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks Johan, I got a dollar off when i purchased my voucher because of TECHEXAMS =)
Theres JUSToneBOBBY!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

If you want to take Server+ I think that's a good one to take before MCSA.
    Thanks Johan, I got a dollar off when i purchased my voucher because of TECHEXAMS =)
    Thank you. :D
  • Options
    theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey gratz dude and also if i was u i would get my ciw for 95$ then u would have 4 cert instead of 3 but just my opinion :)
  • Options
    bjuarbebjuarbe Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    True, I heard of CIW.
    but is CIW really...recognized? not to poop on it of course but I really havent heard too much industry demand for it/ people getting it.

hmmm server+ I was thinking about that one, Do you know when exactly the new objectives will go into effect? I know comptia said q4 but i dont know when that is. All help is much appreciated.

MCSA- Hard? Easy? Do-able?

Thanks
    Theres JUSToneBOBBY!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations, JUSToneBOBBY!

Well, I'm happy that I got my Server+. You'll gain a lot of advanced hardware knowledge in this one--RAID, SCSI. Also, the reasons for RAID and SCSI. Everything is covered in greater depth than in your entry level certs. You gained a passing aquaintance with backups, security, and disaster recovery in A+, but Server+ gets deeper and a lot of the exam covers these things. Also, you get aquainted with many major server OSs.
    But, mostly, it covers Servers-Servers-Servers!

I'm now studying for MCSA(Doing 70-210 presently) and knowledge and experience gained in my other studies helped me get my home network set up for studies in the M$ track and understanding how the W2k Pro client fits into the scheme of things.

Also, the Server+ knowledge helped tremendously when I walked into a new job about 3 months ago and got stationed in data operations center and saw 4 long rows of rack-mounted servers and RAID arrays and started monitoring backups, servers, etc. At least I new what I was seeing and I could talk with the engineers at a reasonable level of knowlege and ask the right questions.

CompTIA is upgrading the Server+ later this year "in the fourth quarter"(Sometime in October, November, or December). So, if you can get started now you'll have 4 months or so to get in before the new objectives take effect and the study materials get expensive. Right now study guides for Server+ are very reasonable at Half.com.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki