Options

What was your practice scores and your exam score?

steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello

I am taking my Network+ on Saturday and have done some practice tests...

So far, I have done the TestOut Network+ CBT, dipped into certain areas of the Mike Meyers Network+ Book and looked on here.

I have also done the **** tests (A-C) and average around 83-92% out of 85 questions (Only once got the 92!)

I have also done the MMeyers practice test on the CD that came with the book and get on average 80-86% on the 70 questions...

So in essence I am hitting over 80% each time so think I should do OK.

How many questions are in the exam? I keep hearing different!

I would be interested to find out what you guys got in practice before taking the exam and how it compares!

Thanks
A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Well I would for one loose the braindump you are using and then consider asking for peoples opinions on the exam.
  • Options
    steve77uk wrote:

I have also done the xxxxxxxxxxxx tests (A-C) and average around 83-92% out of 85 questions (Only once got the 92!)

why has the above been xxxx'd out?

I did not think the ones that started with a pass, a number, and a sure, were BrainDumps as I have avoided those types of practice tests on the web on purpose...

Are they??? icon_confused.gif

Edit: Posted after the above reply - crikey... just went onto their website and it says they are not and written by experts!

Sorry guys, don't get mad, I honestly thought I was doing OK here!

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    check at http://www.certguard.com/ but by that name it sounds like it is a braindump...so check to be sure.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As shednik said, use CertGuard to check your resources in the future.

As for the particular resource you mentioned:
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=326
  • Options
    Dammit - it says it is - dammit dammit dammit!!!

I really thought I was doing well today.. But I took the test only after I studied real hard - been studying before work, when I get home and till 11pm at night and all weekend!!!!

Well at least I know I did well on the CDROM..

What annoys me is a testing training centre uses another one to prepare students before an exam - I did not want to sink to that level.. grrrr

Well if you could still answer the OP, that would be great...?

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    steve77uk wrote:
    Dammit - it says it is - dammit dammit dammit!!!

I really thought I was doing well today.. But I took the test only after I studied real hard - been studying before work, when I get home and till 11pm at night and all weekend!!!!

Well at least I know I did well on the CDROM..

What annoys me is a testing training centre uses another one to prepare students before an exam - I did not want to sink to that level.. grrrr

Well if you could still answer the OP, that would be great...?

I wouldnt stress over it. Just use the resources that are legit, and go pass this thing. I am at least not mad; it seems like an honest mistake.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    steve77uk wrote:
    Hello

I am taking my Network+ on Saturday and have done some practice tests...

So far, I have done the TestOut Network+ CBT, dipped into certain areas of the Mike Meyers Network+ Book and looked on here.

I have also done the xxxxxxxxxxxx tests (A-C) and average around 83-92% out of 85 questions (Only once got the 92!)

I have also done the MMeyers practice test on the CD that came with the book and get on average 80-86% on the 70 questions...

So in essence I am hitting over 80% each time so think I should do OK.

How many questions are in the exam? I keep hearing different!

I would be interested to find out what you guys got in practice before taking the exam and how it compares!

Thanks

I took the test last friday... I was hittin over 80% and 85%. I was using Thompson Practice Test, they used to be hard, anyway be confident you will be ok... Dont desperate the first 10 questions were out of this world...... Good luck on it...
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    How are the exam scores compiled?

I mean it says the results will be between 100-900?? How does that compare to 70? question?

Is it 70 questions?

• Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    They are 90 Questions!!!!!!
    No idea how the exam is compiled.....
    Well, It isnt that hard, but learn your ports, OSI Models, Media Types (speed, length), DNS (basic terms), DHCP ( I had a lot of them, about 9 questions). Thanks God I studied DHCP from 70-291. Good luck
    close to MCSA!!