Options

5 Important Network Plus Certification Things to Know

LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
1. Why should you even consider doing the Network plus certification?

The Network plus certification is a natural continuation from the A+ certification. A+ teaches you about computers (hardware and software), the net+ teaches you about networking. This is another entry certification alot of people take to broaden their knowledge base before tackling the more advance certifications.

2. CCNA vs Network+ confusion

As both these certifications are about networking, new people in the industry feel confused on which will give them more value for money. The truth is, you can't compare them. The only thing they have in common is that they deal with networking. The Network+ is an entry certification which broadens your foundation. It is vendor neutral. The CCNA is not. It concentrates on Cisco Routers.

Network+ although an entry cert has alot of information - and I mean ALOT. By the time you finish studying for it, you will be sick of network terminology. The CCNA is even more difficult. After studying for this one, you will be subnetting in your head - even when you don't realize it. Know how you hear a song and it sticks in your mind and you can't get it out? Same thing with subnetting.

If you are new to the industry, go for the network+ first.

3. Best way to study

Most IT professionals choose the self study method. If this will be your choice as well, what I recommend is that you buy a good book from amazon but more importantly also try to get hands on experience. Get a couple of computers and network them. Get CBT (computer based training) videos so you can also visually study. The reason I recommend hand-on and visual training is because this certification has a lot of terminology to study and remember and it can become exceedingly boring if you don't keep your hands occupied as well.

4. Where can you book the exam?

All comptia exams are booked through Prometric or Vue. Once you finished studying, go to either website and choose your nearest testing center. Pay the fee and book the exam on your choice of date. Now you are all set. When you go to the training center, arrive 30 minutes beforehand and don't forget to bring 2 forms of ID with you.

5. How long does it take for the certification to arrive?

When you complete your exam at the training center and you pass, they will give you a piece of paper stating you have passed the exam. You can use that on your resume for the moment to show employers you are now Network+ certified. The actual certification will be posted to you from Comptia and this take around 2 to 6 weeks.

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Nice Review dude........
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    PickerPicker Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best ever well said
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Review dude........

+1 Should be added to a net+ FAQ
  • Options
    perseu79perseu79 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had already finished my CCNA course , it´s all means if I study Network + , will I forget everything that I studied by CCNA ? icon_sad.gif
    Chaider do Vale Lima
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Options
    ScottyPLoScottyPLo Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That pretty much sums it up. :)
    Who wants to die and leave a good looking corpse I want to slide across the finish line with a shot of Jager in my hand, bruised battered and beaten saying that was one hell of a ride :)
  • Options
    CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□