Options

Mandatory profiles (explanations)

TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, There was a post that I can't find to reply that the user asks to know for creating mandatory profiles, if he has to rename the ntuser.dat file to ntuser.man or rename the username folder to .man in the profile path. To create mandatory profiles, you have to rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man.
Today, I am surprised to see an explanation in a pratice software where you can rename the username folder to .man. It says: "If you want strictly to enforce a policy that states that no user can log on without a roaming profile, you can append the extension of .man to the roaming user profile folder's name". Have not experience it with a lab yet but can serve you as knowledge.
MCP 70-270 / 70-290

Comments

• Options
    sliptmickeysliptmickey Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tontonsam wrote:
    Hi, There was a post that I can't find to reply that the user asks to know for creating mandatory profiles, if he has to rename the ntuser.dat file to ntuser.man or rename the username folder to .man in the profile path. To create mandatory profiles, you have to rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man.
    Today, I am surprised to see an explanation in a pratice software where you can rename the username folder to .man. It says: "If you want strictly to enforce a policy that states that no user can log on without a roaming profile, you can append the extension of .man to the roaming user profile folder's name". Have not experience it with a lab yet but can serve you as knowledge.

I've never heard of managing roaming or local profiles like that. Unless there's something I don't know, the only way to require mandatory profiles is by changing NTUser.dat to NTUser.man. What practice software are you using? I may have to check it out for my own sake.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The practice software is wrong. The only way to do it is the way sliptmickey mentioned.