In A World Where. . .

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
The legendary voice-over actor Don LaFontaine, (the movie-trailer announcer with the ultra-deep voice,) is dead. As someone who has done some voice-over work, myself, I can honestly say that Don was the man. There won't be anybody like him in the entertainment industry, at least not for a good, long while.

Of course, the only man to achieve LaFontaine's voice-over notariety these days would be Morgan Freeman, but it's not the same, you know? Ah, well, we'll just have to remember Don for the way he was.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I'm gonna miss hearing him, 5,000 movie trailers and 350,000 commercials is damn impressive.

I found this on YouTube yesterday, it's from a Today Show episode about a year ago and features the 4 biggest voice actors Don LaFontaine Joe Cipriano, George DelHoyo and Mark Elliott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxP33iQ6KM
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    The legendary voice-over actor Don LaFontaine, (the movie-trailer announcer with the ultra-deep voice,) is dead. As someone who has done some voice-over work, myself, I can honestly say that Don was the man. There won't be anybody like him in the entertainment industry, at least not for a good, long while.

Of course, the only man to achieve LaFontaine's voice-over notariety these days would be Morgan Freeman, but it's not the same, you know? Ah, well, we'll just have to remember Don for the way he was.

having my first 'career' in film, I always was fond of LaFontaine. He was the reason you watched action trailers and said "you know what, I do want to see 'Death Kitten 7', even though I know it will have no plot and be 45 minutes long". We paid tribute to him in almost every stupid movie trailer we made :) I guess we just need to utilize Pablo Francisco's impression for now...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Either Pablo Francisco's impression, Frank Caliendo's. . . or how about both?

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:

you know, caliendo is on our local radio station at least once a week, and I never heard his lafontaine impression...weird.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Awesome :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    What, nobody caught my Morgan Freeman joke in there? icon_lol.gif
    His voice is almost as memorable as LaFontaine's, but on the opposite end of the baritone-spectrum: deep and comforting, as opposed to grab-you-by-the-collar-and-blow-your-mind-with-explosions-and-Schwartzenegger-ACTION!!!.

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pablo is the man. His Bits and Pieces DVD is hilarious. I don't like Caliendo's as much, but Caliendo does phenomenal impressions. His George Bush impression where he talked about going to Iraqistan to find Saddama Bin Laden had me in tears.

Also, if you want an awesome Morgan Freeman impression, check this out: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825142 (probably NSFW)