What SUS version?

DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
My CBT Nuggets has SUS 1.0, the only SUS server I could use at work was 2.0(only a Win2K server was available) and if I remember correctly the SUS questions on 290(taken Tues) seemed 2.0 oriented (I believe it asked if I should synch via web page). But whats on the 291 test? Sorry if this question has been answered but I did not see it.
WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    All I ever studied was WSUS 3.0 since that is what I had available and it stood me well for the exam. From what I'm told the exam doesn't delve deep enough to really explore the technical differences between SUS and WSUS. But to be safe I would recommend getting WSUS experience.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's SUS?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Software Update Services or I guess ver 3.0 is acronymed WSUS
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Diminutive wrote:

Thanks, you're swell!

And welcome to the forums!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    Diminutive wrote:

Thanks, you're swell!

And welcome to the forums!

thanks! been an off and on lurker for a while, just got started with certs again as my MCSE in NT4 wasn't cutting it in the job market so expect more questions. And maybe some bragging once I pass this one.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Diminutive wrote:

As if royal didnt know that already!! icon_lol.gif

Sometimes when I read his detailed and informative posts, I think he's one of the guys that actually developed Windows Server.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I still chuckle every time Royal does that. icon_lol.gif

Diminutive,
    Just so you know, it's a running joke here in the forums. Royal chimes in with "what's <insert unused/old technology>?"

No worries though, welcome to the forums....we can be a bunch of smarta$$'s sometimes.

Honestly I don't remember too many SUS questions from the 291 exam, but I wouldn't spend too much time knowing the difference from 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. Just the basics. Besides, telling would break the NDA we signed with Microsoft.....and we are all good law abiding citizens here. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    In case anyone's wondering how it was for me it seemed version independent.