Does the written exam have sims?

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
As far as i know it shouldn't, just double checking.
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember reading it was 100% multiple guess. Never sat for it though so I could be wrong.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yep, no SIMs.

The written exam is a two-hour, multiple choice test with 100 questions....

Lots of easy multiple choice questions.... and some big fat fuzzy exhibit type multiple choice questions.

And then the remainder of the questions are multiple choice.

Plus you can "mark" and "review" -- and I think there is even a "previous" button.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Lots of easy multiple choice questions.... and some big fat fuzzy exhibit type multiple choice questions.

Easy for who?! Maybe someone with like, every cisco exam under the sun...oh wait a sec.. ;)
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Easy for who?! Maybe someone with like, every cisco exam under the sun...oh wait a sec.. ;)

I bet Mike is just a fan of the letter "C" and that his strategy for getting through "C"isco exams is to choose the letter "C" whenever possible.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    haha well it is "easier" in the fact that no sims, you can go back on questions, etc. But there are some tough, and long questions on it.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah the "Sim" part is covered by the lab icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EdTheLad wrote:

We could tell you, but then we would have to shoot you! icon_lol.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Even if it did have sims in it, by that point you should be good enough to tackle anything right? :D
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That'd be kind of cruel, putting sims on the CCIE written exam when you've got the monster of all 'sims' waiting for you after you're done.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    Plus you can "mark" and "review" -- and I think there is even a "previous" button.
    Pssh, what challenge is it when you've got all the help in the world? Next, you're going to tell me that you get to use the Doc CD on the labs. . . why not make it difficult, or anybody could pass these things*. icon_lol.gif

*Somewhere, a lab-proctor is growing more and more jaded, just WAITING for the day when I step through those doors. He's probably related to the PhD-program director at whatever university I end up doing my grad-work at.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote:
    Even if it did have sims in it, by that point you should be good enough to tackle anything right? :D

Correct,my concern is regarding time, sims are easy but potentially time consuming.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I bet Mike is just a fan of the letter "C" and that his strategy for getting through "C"isco exams is to choose the letter "C" whenever possible.
    Mike would love to wrap up all the Cisco C* exams, but they keep adding new ones, he's been focused on the CCIE and all of a sudden had an empty checkbox on the Cisco Certification Manager beside CCENT. And if that wasn't bad enough they've now added 3 new CCNA subtracks. Poor Mike... ;)
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITdude wrote:
    EdTheLad wrote:

We could tell you, but then we would have to shoot you! icon_lol.gif

Or just give him what he asked for

hockey%20from%20diclosure.jpg
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!