Firewall

bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
Any recommendations for an intuitive firewall?

Were currently using Watchguard, i'm not really impressed.

Suggestions?
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    What do you not like about watchguard? We are slowly moving our clients to them?

We moved away from sonicwall. Sonicwall is good but we like watchguard better.
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    macdude wrote:
    What do you not like about watchguard? We are slowly moving our clients to them?

I'm just not impressed, password for this password for that - don't get me wrong it does ok - I think i'm just ready for a change.

master:
    mgt:
    logging:
    read:
    write:
    software image encryption:
    snmp public:

Hell - I could be doing something wrong.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FortiGates are my firewalls of choice.

http://www.fortinet.com
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    An obvious one is the Cisco ASA range for whatever capacity you need. There are cheaper solutions out there, and some with more add-on options (esp. for the smaller models) but for scalability from simple plug it in and go (which is all you really have to do for basic stateful firewalling) to complex protection they're a great choice. If you don't want to learn the CLI the latest versions of the GUI (ASDM) are quite good.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    bjaxx wrote:
    macdude wrote:

I'm just not impressed, password for this password for that - don't get me wrong it does ok - I think i'm just ready for a change.

master:
    mgt:
    logging:
    read:
    write:
    software image encryption:
    snmp public:

Hell - I could be doing something wrong.

Passwords...That is one thing I don't like about my watchguard either, I'll have to agree with you on that. That and the spam filter is a joke IMHO, hence I use GFI. But anyways, I wouldn't change my firewall just because of that though. I've grown fond of my pretty red corvette (talking about the red color watchguard box of course). 3 years and counting since purchasing the firebox, not a single virus, not a single instance of any sort of malware on any of our computers. No other security issues period. Granted, I work for a small company and obviously have other security measures in place. I, like everyone else, have some pretty highly untechnical people using the computers that tend put my firebox to the test. I'm happy with my firebox and it has made my job of securing the network pretty easy.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)