Options

Passed my Network+ this morning!

steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
I scored 890 out of 900!

Very impressed with myself, a couple which I had never heard of or found in my studies but got the idea of and took a wild guess!!

I think the ones that I did fall down on were cable lengths of fibre optics which I knew I would be crap at anyway...

Well done me!

If you ask me what I used, I used the following:
    Test Out - gave a brief overview of the course Mike Myers 3rd Edition - very good recommend it highly to read cover to cover Mike Myers CDROM Test Suite Cram Session - 50 pages of Network+ goodness from their website

I booked the exams 10 days in advance and thought that was plenty of time. This included night time after work studying and weekends...

icon_lol.gif
A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:

Comments

• Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! What's next?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    I believe he is going for the MCSA.. Do u already have the 70-290??
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, very nice score.
  • Options
    motogpman wrote:
    Congrats on the pass! What's next?

Yes I am doing my MCSE, took a break to do this really, just to booster my knowledge, I would recommend the Network+, thought it was quite good to have.

I already have my 270 and 290, and in flow for the 291 but find sub-netting quite difficult to master if I am honest!

I did think about doing Security+ next, but work are wanting me to carry on with the MCSE, but I know Security+ can count for it.

Then again, once I have my 291 I have my MCSA due to A+, Network+, 270, 290 in the bag..

• Options

I see you have your 291 too? What did you think to it? Any tips?

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on your pass!

Beware of 291....they don't call it 'the beast' for nothing......eh, I'm sure you'll do fine with the proper studying. Lot's and lot's of DNS and DHCP...some RRAS.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    steve77uk wrote:

I see you have your 291 too? What did you think to it? Any tips?

291 is totally different. It's way long harder than Net+... U have to be a master on Subnetting, DHCP, DNS, and RRASS... Those are the major topicss. U know the MS questions are lenghty so pay attention on every detail...... Give urself a couple of months to prepare for the test. Do not forget the 2nd Shot Voucher.. Good Luck on it... I will be working on 270!!! U already passed it.... I think that I wont have any problem with it.. But still I will give to myself one month to take the test... good luck
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    291 is totally different. It's way long harder than Net+... U have to be a master on Subnetting, DHCP, DNS, and RRASS... Those are the major topicss. U know the MS questions are lenghty so pay attention on every detail...... Give urself a couple of months to prepare for the test. Do not forget the 2nd Shot Voucher.. Good Luck on it... I will be working on 270!!! U already passed it.... I think that I wont have any problem with it.. But still I will give to myself one month to take the test... good luck

I would go for the vista exam 620. Its easier than 270 and you will get MCSA and MCTS from it. just my opinion though. good luck!!
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+
  • Options
    painted veilpainted veil Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done, that's a great score. What's your next challenge?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck with your MCSE studies. Once you're done on that road, and if you want some practice subnetting, you could always check out the CCNA.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.