Options

MCSA 2003

packetstormpacketstorm Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am planning to do the MCSA 2003 track, I have A+ & Network+. I just wanted some advice regarding study guides and books available for the exam. I was thinking of buying the Sybex core exams pack. Has anyone tried these and what do you guys out there recommend.

thanks alot

Comments

• Options
    ICreateLoopsICreateLoops Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Mike Meyers Passport books for all the exams (70-270, 70-290, 70-291, Sec+) and used Exam Cram 2 for 70-291. That plus some proprietary course material from my job.

Used those books and a whole lot of labs. That plus experience. Even if it's experience in a Windows Server 2000 environment (which my job currently still has). A large portion of the concepts still apply whereas the books will help fill in and clarify some smaller details.

Good luck on this cert. Really cool to see other people going for the MCSA/MCSE Windows 2003 Server :D . One other suggestions, consider taking Security+, A+/Net+ apply as an elective for the MCSA, but not toward the Security+, so eventually if you plan on going MCSE you'll still need the Security+, well that or another one of Microsofts electives
    MCSA 2003, MCDST, Security+, Network+, A+