Google = no help so far -_-

pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
Okay, I have 2 speakers, i WANT to switch them physically, then i wanna switch the sound logically, so they are like normal b/c i need the 1 speaker closer to my laptop. (dont wanna spend money on a extension cord) Im looking for a program or something in Vista.
Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Wire up an adapter or just physically switch the speakers around...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Inverting the audio channels is somethings that is supported in your audio driver. Does your sound card have a program (like SoundMAX) that is used to control extra audio features? If so, check its Web site and make sure that you have the latest release.
  • pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    tiersten wrote:

errm... Im already switching the speakers physically, so then i wanna switch the sound logically, this way i have more cord to move around with my laptop.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    tiersten wrote:

errm... Im already switching the speakers physically, so then i wanna switch the sound logically, this way i have more cord to move around with my laptop.

are we to assume this is a single standard 1/8" jack that both speakers plug in to the output?

if so, then follow JD's advice and see if you can reverse the speaker channels accordingly via your sound card setup on the actual laptop.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    tiersten wrote:

I still don't understand exactly why you're doing this.

These PC speakers and have the connection on one side only or something? If so do as JD suggested.
  • learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Switch the speakers physically - easy.

Switch them logically - do as JD said or stand on your head so the sound goes into the correct logical ears. icon_lol.gif
  • pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    tiersten wrote:
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    tiersten wrote:

I still don't understand exactly why you're doing this.

These PC speakers and have the connection on one side only or something? If so do as JD suggested.

Okay, Im moving the 1 speaker so i can have more cord to work with on my laptop when its plugged in, right now i dont have much cord to work with so this would solve my problem. Leave it to windows to let linux and apple have this feature and make it basicly impossible unless you have a driver that can do this -_-...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can buy a mini-plug extension cord from Radio Shack for around $5.