Options

BSCI Exam Scheduled

btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just to let everyone know I have my BSCI exam scheduled for 9/15/08. I have about a week left to work some labs and do some final reviewing. I'm feeling really good about this one. A positive attitude will help get me that passing score. :)

Quick question for all of you who have completed the BSCI, how hard should I review the Network Design sections of the study guide and cert. guide? It is listed no where on the blue prints for the exam. I appreciate any responses.
BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on the BSCI. I sit mine on October 1st. I'm not prepared at all, but my voucher is going to expire on the 2nd of October, so I'm going to do my best.

How long have you been studying now? Definitely keep us informed on how it goes!!
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    btowntech wrote:
    Quick question for all of you who have completed the BSCI, how hard should I review the Network Design sections of the study guide and cert. guide? It is listed no where on the blue prints for the exam. I appreciate any responses.

It is not listed so I wouldn't worry about it icon_wink.gif

Good Luck!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    You can go see what the test is like and do the free second chance as long as you get it in before Oct. 15. Always something to keep in the back of the mind.

I actually started studying in Feb. when I found out that I got a new job as a network engineer for a military contractor. Moving, settling in, and getting use to the job took a little while but I knuckled down back in June. Been pushing hard the last few weeks. Had to figure out a good study plan for the BSCI. If I can offer anyone any advice, buy a whiteboard. It comes in very handy!
  • Options
    btowntech wrote:
    You can go see what the test is like and do the free second chance as long as you get it in before Oct. 15. Always something to keep in the back of the mind.

I actually started studying in Feb. when I found out that I got a new job as a network engineer for a military contractor. Moving, settling in, and getting use to the job took a little while but I knuckled down back in June. Been pushing hard the last few weeks. Had to figure out a good study plan for the BSCI. If I can offer anyone any advice, buy a whiteboard. It comes in very handy!

Free second chance? I haven't heard of this. If this is something legit, I may have to reschedule (after the 1st..assuming it doesn't go well) for something like Oct 14th.

I've already got my eye on a large whiteboard. I'm a nut about drawing diagrams...

From the guys I know who have taken the BSCI, they've all said Multicasting, BGP, and IPv6 were hit pretty hard. I'm focusing a lot on those subjects, because those are also the ones I don't work with very often.
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Free second chance? I haven't heard of this. If this is something legit, I may have to reschedule (after the 1st..assuming it doesn't go well) for something like Oct 14th.

I've already got my eye on a large whiteboard. I'm a nut about drawing diagrams...

From the guys I know who have taken the BSCI, they've all said Multicasting, BGP, and IPv6 were hit pretty hard. I'm focusing a lot on those subjects, because those are also the ones I don't work with very often.

It is legit, used it myself.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/secondchance/
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    _maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
    good luck. Ive got mine scheduled for sept 13. It will be my 3rd time at it.
  • Options
    Sweet. I have been seeing a new girl lately..and as a result..my BSCI studies are hurting. Thank you cisco for second chance.. ;)
  • Options
    You got time to date icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

If it's not in the exam blue print topics, don't spend much time on it. Cisco's new/updated network design paradigm is covered in several of the "new" Cisco Press books. While its something you should eventually know, don't spend a lot of time on it until you find an exam that actually tests you on the topic(s).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□

Funny, I knew it as Comeback, it's exactly the same offer, just with a different name...

http://www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback
  • Options
    QdotQdot Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!!
    It's simple, either death or develop your mental's....

CCNA: conquered
    CCNP BSCI: conquered
    CCNP BCMSN: in progess...
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, knock em dead! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Lizano wrote:

Funny, I knew it as Comeback, it's exactly the same offer, just with a different name...

http://www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback

Yup, I have tried both and know they both work icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck man!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    First off, thanks to everyone for the support.

As much as I hate to say this, I failed the BSCI with a 700. I thought I was good to go but man was this a hard test. I actually ran out of time with 7 questions to go. Have to work some practice test to get my time management skills back. From the looks of things I need to get some more router time in and just review the theory to keep it in my head.

Looks like I'll be using the Second Chance offer which I'm very thankful for! I'll probably look at taking it again in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sorry to hear that man. Don't let it get you down!

Good luck on the free second chance!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Remember, that offer expires on 10/15. You're fine at three weeks, but don't wait too long.

http://www.vue.com/cisco/secondchance/

Good luck next time!
  • Options
    karanckaranc Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have schedule mine on 20th september..........doing troubleshooting labs .....its very hard to pick the heavy book again :)
    next exam -> ICSW (CCNP 50% done)