Options

Passed 70-290 just before the summer ended

WEENWEEN Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks for the TechNotes. As I got to know Windows 2003 features, I was impressed with how well covered those notes are. First, I took a course for MCSE70-290. Also, I used MCSE Self-paced book and a bit of Transcender.

Simulations came towards the end of the exam and I was losing concentration...and wanted to get it over with. Questions are balanced but there were some very specialized ones which I would not have known if I did not use Transcender... Not sure though if Microsoft is taking those questions into the test score.

My next challenge is 70-270. I am not sure how I study for it. It seems a bit of anticlimax after 70-290.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    First off, welcome to the forums :)

Second, congratulations icon_thumright.gif

No MS test is easy, so passing any test is an achievement. You might think that taking the 270 after the 290 is an anti-climax but people will tell you that the 270 took them by surprise, many seasoned admins have failed the 270 the first time they wrote it. It seems like the proverbial fluffy kitten, well it isnt. Beware!

Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if 270 is a bear consider 620, its fairly easy especially if you use/support Vista much. The only annoying bit is the included apps portion, mostly because you probably don't use them and they hold little interest.
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the forums! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    bronxbronx Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats for the pass and welcome to the forum. I took my 270 about 2 weeks ago and I found it easier than my 290, which I took ( and passed today). Note: no exam is easy so put in your best and get the best resources for it. I used MSPress for 270. Also make sure you do alot of questions before you take the test. All the best in your exam
    ___
    THE BIGGEST RISK IN LIFE IS NOT TAKING ONE