Options

Cisco IPS exam before SND

nch77nch77 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm planning to do CCSP cert.
I wanted to know that can I take Cisco IPS paper before I attempt SND exam.

I'm already working on Cisco IPS and have working knowledge to wanted to attempt it first.
I'm already a CCNA.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can attempt the exams in any order you like.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just remeber that almost the entire CCSP path is changing, the SND last day to test is in November, SNRS 642-503 is being replaced by 642-504 in January, and the SNPA is going away too and will be replaced by the SNAF.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco recommend you take the SND first but most folks (myself included) opt to take it last for a few reasons: Firstly as you've probably seen there is very little specific documentation for it's topics ; Secondly it covers a lot of areas in varying detail and it is very hard to judge how far you need to go with each device category (aswell as the general Infosec it covers), for example there are Sims on the exam so you do need to know a bit of CLI from each major security device, so it is MUCH easier to do last as you already have enough base knowledge for the device specific parts to get through them.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?