What text editor do you use and why?

2»

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    haziz wrote: »
    Emacs, of course!

In all operating systems.
    I gonna admit that I fall into this camp as well. I use Emacs everywhere - Windows, Unix, Linux, etc. Back in the old days, whenever we got new systems, the first thing I did was install emacs.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Windows = Notepad ++
    Linux = VIM or VI (Not a fan of NANO yet, then again I am old school)
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, talk about a bump.

Nano in Linux (don't do much serious editing outside of revisions and commenting out lines) and notepad in my Windows work environment. I use them because they're simple and concise.

I use open office writer at home because I don't have an office license and it's close enough to get the job done (for resumes, school work, etc).
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nano or vim on a server, gedit or sublime with linux gui, notepad++ on windows.

Sublime is one of the cooler pieces of software I have run across lately. Very powerful, without being bloated.
  • tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Notepad++ in Windows. Been trying to really learn vim though so I've been using gvim as well. Typically vim in linux, occasionally geany if I'm in a gui and want that tabbed feel of notepad++.

I've heard good things about sublime text but haven't given it a try yet.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sublime Text looks really cool and powerful... but 70 dollars!
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Context or VI
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p